Current dress on Oasis

We're on Oasis now. No judgment, just sayin' - since there's always interest in this topic, evening dress is for the most part very casual. On formal night, there were a good number of suits and dresses in the Main Dining Room, but also jeans and shorts. On last night's casual night, there were tons of guests in shorts and jeans. Otherwise, khakis, skirts and a smattering of assorted garment types made an appearance. Also, the dress code in the Cruise Compass is "Casual" on non-formal night. IIRC, it used to be Smart Casual.

Not trying to start a debate (another debate!), but just reporting for those who are interested.

We're on Oasis now. No judgment, just sayin' - since there's always interest in this topic, evening dress is for the most part very casual. On formal night, there were a good number of suits and dresses in the Main Dining Room, but also jeans and shorts. On last night's casual night, there were tons of guests in shorts and jeans. Otherwise, khakis, skirts and a smattering of assorted garment types made an appearance. Also, the dress code in the Cruise Compass is "Casual" on non-formal night. IIRC, it used to be Smart Casual.

Not trying to start a debate (another debate!), but just reporting for those who are interested.

I am curious... I have only taken 6 cruises... all in Europe and shorts were not allowed in the main dining room. Does RCI have a different dress code when sailing in the U.S.?

Just got off FOS on Sunday and noticed the exact same thing. Tee shirts and shorts were everywhere in the MDR. On formal nights..there was a mixture of formal, smart casual, casual and again tees and shorts!!! No one was turned away. I called MDR one night to find out if capri style pants were ok and the person on the line laughed and said..."Yes, they are acceptable but then the Americans...well, they wear anything...you will see Tee shirts and shorts." !!!!! I was a little surprised but I am thinking that dress code is on it's way out and the cruise line doesn't care anymore.

Edited by sharpasice

I am curious... I have only taken 6 cruises... all in Europe and shorts were not allowed in the main dining room. Does RCI have a different dress code when sailing in the U.S.?

No, Americans just choose to ignore it. The staff have to decide whether to rile the guests or allow them to get away with their behavior.