Do they still have midnight Buffets?

jennraycruise

I am going on the 4 night Victory next month and was wondering if this is still a thing??

Thanks,

Jenn

They eliminated the Gala Buffet a few years ago. The only one they have is the Mexican Buffet which, I think, is part of the deck party.

I think the Gala Buffet is now offered on the Journeys cruises.

Edited by Sparky2

On a regular cruise as you are going in the midnight buffets are gone. Last one we remember was on the Celebration in 2001. We have photos of 24 since then and the only thing close was a light buffet on the Conquest for NYE.

The longer Journeys cruises are reported to have them (see above) but the Mexican Buffet is chips and salsa.

Edited by BallFour4

During my recent Caribbean cruise, midnight Mex buffet was a real deal. Taco station, salsa & chip + other hot items complemented by desserts & fruits. My 9/15 Hawaiian cruise had a whole roast pig with other Hawaiian dishes and desserts. You can knock Carnival all you want. But when it comes to midnight buffet, it was a feast.

On our Magic cruise in early November, there was the regular Mexican Fiesta Buffet. I was also surprised to see a few of the nights they had "Late Night Snacks" listed in the Fun Times. This consisted of what was normally served at Off the Grill during the day. So they still seem to have late night buffet options, though it wasn't at midnight, probably closer to 11:00pm.

The Chocolate Extravaganza was actually presented during the day on the last Sea Day.

It's been a long time since we've seen an evening buffet--even the Mexican buffet is essentially gone, replaced by chips and salsa like others have said. Some ships will have "late night snacks" at one of the food stations--which may consist of hot dogs, hamburgers, some dessert items, but other ships don't seem to do this.

The "Midnight Buffet" is dead except for Journeys cruises.

I was on victory 4 nighter a few weeks ago and there was a Mexican Buffet after we left cozumel. It was MUCH more than just chips and salsa. Actually a pretty decent layout and more than I expected, but still nothing close to a real "midnight buffet"

On a regular cruise as you are going in the midnight buffets are gone. Last one we remember was on the Celebration in 2001. We have photos of 24 since then and the only thing close was a light buffet on the Conquest for NYE.

The longer Journeys cruises are reported to have them (see above) but the Mexican Buffet is chips and salsa.

Not necessarily. When we were on our Spring Break cruise, the midnight Mexican buffet had chips, salsa, tacos and I think flautas. Maybe something else too. I def remember the tacos because I was standing in line behind a very drunk guy who kept saying "Man. The ship is rocking so hard. I must be drunker than I thought."

The ship WAS rocking..but not that hard.

Not necessarily. When we were on our Spring Break cruise, the midnight Mexican buffet had chips, salsa, tacos and I think flautas. Maybe something else too. I def remember the tacos because I was standing in line behind a very drunk guy who kept saying "Man. The ship is rocking so hard. I must be drunker than I thought."

The ship WAS rocking..but not that hard.

Same experience here on the Paradise, Elation and Magic this year. The Mexican Fiesta buffet had pretty big spreads. Lots of different salsas, tacos, nachos, taquitos, and some other items from fish to beef to chicken. Though the taco meat on the Magic was gross and inedible.