Unknown Credit ?

jsf

I just noticed on my booking confirmation a line item that says "OB Sale 6to9N" under promo applied. I'm guessing that it means 6 to 9 night cruise but not sure of what it is.We have the better package and I wonder if this could be from the T/A or if it's something else. We are on the Reflection in April.

J.

I just noticed on my booking confirmation a line item that says "OB Sale 6to9N" under promo applied. I'm guessing that it means 6 to 9 night cruise but not sure of what it is.We have the better package and I wonder if this could be from the T/A or if it's something else. We are on the Reflection in April.

J.

Is it a credit you got for booking onboard (OB)?

Yes, it is for booking a 6 to 9 night cruise while you were on board the ship.

We have it on our Booking Confirmation also, listed under Promotions Applied.

It is for the extra bonus amount Celebrity gives you as an incentive to book another cruise while you are on board,

(i.e., the amount you receive in addition to whatever you select for your big-better-best perks).

It has nothing to do with a T/A.

You get it regardless of whether or not you transfer your booking to a T/A.

A T/A should offer you additional perks on top of what you are already receiving from the cruise line.

It is very important to be aware that when you book a future cruise on board a current Celebrity cruise, if you used a TA for the current cruise, then Celebrity will automatically assign the future cruise to the same TA you used the last time

-- unless you inform them otherwise.

There were some passengers who did not realize that would happen. Unfortunately, they did not find out about it until a later date, when they wanted to give the booking to a different TA who offered a much better deal.

But the reservation had already been assigned to the previous TA.

That is why whenever we book a cruise on board, we tell the agent to book it in our names only, without assigning it to any travel agent.

Then we double check the invoice to be sure that no TA is named on it.

This eliminates future hassles and aggravation because you get 60 days to check around and compare offers before deciding which TA will be best for to use for the next cruise.

Then it is an easy process to transfer the booking to the TA of your choice.

Different TAs can offer better deals for different cruises.

Or you may even decide to leave the booking in your own name, directly with Celebrity, if that is what will work best for you.