Specialty Dining Reservations on Board the Escape

SeaWatcher65

Please share your success in getting specialty dining reservations or changing reservations on board the Escape. Getting mixed reports. NCL says that they only allow a limited number of reservations to be made before embarkation day. So, it should be easy to add/change reservations if done as soon as I board. But other reports are saying nothing is available except maybe LaCucina at very late hours. Any ability to get seated at specialty restaurants without a reservation? Like if you show up when first opens at 5:30pm? Thanks!

Please share your success in getting specialty dining reservations or changing reservations on board the Escape. Getting mixed reports. NCL says that they only allow a limited number of reservations to be made before embarkation day. So, it should be easy to add/change reservations if done as soon as I board. But other reports are saying nothing is available except maybe LaCucina at very late hours. Any ability to get seated at specialty restaurants without a reservation? Like if you show up when first opens at 5:30pm? Thanks!

I booked all mine prior and have confirmations in hand. Based on what i read here I think it would be advisble to do as soon as your reservation opens for bookings.

I agree.....book as much as you can prior. If you need to change reservations, they will accommodate you but by the end of the first day, that will be much more difficult task to accomplish. The caveat to this is if you are in the Haven.

I was just on the ship last week and folks we were traveling with that were not in the haven tried to make changes in their reservations on day 2 and were told that the request could not be accommodated. We walked up to our concierge and moved 5 reservations with no issue.

I said this on another thread......Once onboard, there were NO dining reservations to be had, all week. By 4pm sailaway, No Openings!

They told me I could be first on Waiting list.....No thanks.

Since there was just 2 of us, we would show up at Restaurant opening,

and got right in.

I didn't bother with attempting to make reservations the rest of the week.

If traveling with a group? Then you may get group table easier in Taste/Savor or Manhatton.

BOOK YOUR SHOWS AHEAD TOO.

WE WERE ABLE TO BOOK MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET, TWICE, BEFORE SAILING DATE.

WORTH IT. (but we actually didn't show up for one, because too tired.) lol

I purchased the specialty dining and attempted to make reservations the first day on the ship. Imagine my surprise when I couldn't book anything. I went to guest services and got the usual so sad too bad attitude. I got a supervisor and was told there was nothing to be done. I demanded to speak to a supervisor over the restaurants. Finally I got reservations for the entire cruise. It was odd to me that I had to go through all that stress to get what I had paid for in advance and then to notice all the empty tables in the specialty restaurants. If you have difficulty making your reservations, DON'T take no for an answer.