Hair dryer / flat iron on the spirit

cruisegirl1976

Ok.. Need some help here, leaving on the spirit next month.. Need to know if I should bring my own hair dryer .. Or is the one they provide strong enough? .. And is their a plug for my flat iron.. ( I heard that I may have to get a plug converter). Any help would be great.. I haven't been on the ship in quite a few years.. Thanks..

The hairdryer is pretty awful and if I had known it was going to be that bad I would have brought my own. There is a standard US plug by the desk so you can plug in your hair tools there with no converters needed.

You can see the dryer in this photo. It is that awkward box on the wall with the vacuum cleaner hose like attachment. I have short thin hair so I just made it work, but would likely bring my own hairdryer if I were to cruise on the Spirit again.

21041010908_d9908a615c.jpg

The hairdryer is pretty awful and if I had known it was going to be that bad I would have brought my own. There is a standard US plug by the desk so you can plug in your hair tools there with no converters needed.

You can see the dryer in this photo. It is that awkward box on the wall with the vacuum cleaner hose like attachment. I have short thin hair so I just made it work, but would likely bring my own hairdryer if I were to cruise on the Spirit again.

I have heard that there is a notice that "this plug can't be used for hairdryers" ? Still confusing information about that.

I've found when I'm at sea (and docked) I can't control my hair. (I don't know how some people have such neat looking luck)

I've brought my own dryer many times now I just use the one in our cabin. It works fine.

The second I step out though...[emoji52]

When I go on the cruise celebrity or NCL, I always bring my small converter kit which includes multiple plugs for different countries and also an extension cord which allows me to plug the extension cord in the American plug and at the other end I can plug all of my apparatuses like my hair dryer, battery charger, razor and so forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just off the Spirit last week. I was in a balcony cabin (9112) and the American outlet (110) by the desk had a sign on it that said "no hair dryers." I brought a UK plug adapter and my dual voltage travel hairdryer and just used the UK outlet.

Just off the Spirit last week. I was in a balcony cabin (9112) and the American outlet (110) by the desk had a sign on it that said "no hair dryers." I brought a UK plug adapter and my dual voltage travel hairdryer and just used the UK outlet.

Hi Grover

We are from UK so just to be clear travel plug and dual voltage travel hairdryer?? I have really thick hair so will need a powerful hairdryer!!

TIA

• 3 weeks later...
Ok.. Need some help here, leaving on the spirit next month.. Need to know if I should bring my own hair dryer .. Or is the one they provide strong enough? .. And is their a plug for my flat iron.. ( I heard that I may have to get a plug converter). Any help would be great.. I haven't been on the ship in quite a few years.. Thanks..

The plug by the desk didn't say no dryers and I used mine no problem.

Also, you can use the steamroom or sauna in the spa and shower and use the blowdryer there which is a standard dryer. Nice big mirrors and better lighting too.

Most ships do not allow passengers to bring on flat irons. They are considered fire hazards and will be taken away. Has anyone ever taken their own flat iron onto this ship? I know you can ask your cabin steward for an iron and he will bring one for you to use but will not leave it in your cabin.

Most ships do not allow passengers to bring on flat irons. They are considered fire hazards and will be taken away. Has anyone ever taken their own flat iron onto this ship? I know you can ask your cabin steward for an iron and he will bring one for you to use but will not leave it in your cabin.

It's a flat iron for the hair ... I've brought them on other cruises and nothing was ever said.

I've found when I'm at sea (and docked) I can't control my hair. (I don't know how some people have such neat looking luck)

I've brought my own dryer many times now I just use the one in our cabin. It works fine.

LOL, I have the same problem! My hair has a mind of its own! I don't even bother trying anymore!

Have you tried a Brazilian Blowout or Keratin treatment? They are not cheap but it does last a while. I don't have crazy curly hair but it is wavy (and not in a good way!) and I always get a Brazilian blowout at the beginning of the summer and it keeps my hair frizz free and silky smooth.

Have you tried a Brazilian Blowout or Keratin treatment? They are not cheap but it does last a while. I don't have crazy curly hair but it is wavy (and not in a good way!) and I always get a Brazilian blowout at the beginning of the summer and it keeps my hair frizz free and silky smooth.

You get g et at home kits too.....I never go on holiday now without doing a keratin treatment...definitely helps control frizz / waves and makes drying easier!!

Hi Grover

We are from UK so just to be clear travel plug and dual voltage travel hairdryer?? I have really thick hair so will need a powerful hairdryer!!

TIA

The Spirit has one UK socket near the desk. You will like it very much.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going on the Spirit soon and I just remembered that when we went on the Spirit in 2009 we were told by our TA that we shouldn't bring a hair dryer and we definitely could not use flat irons or curling irons etc as the Spirit was not set up to handle those things. I didn't bring anything and used the ship hair dryer as I was afraid to blow the electricity for the area. Our friend's daughter brought her flat iron and had no problems. I have always brought my own hair dryer on every other cruise as I have very thick hair and don't want to take forever to dry it every day. Thanks for all the information!