Emerald Princess getting better ?

cheeseclan

Hi,

We are currently on the 2nd week cruising on Emerald since dry dock. There were a lot of problems with water supply on the first 5-day cruise which sailed 12/14 - 12/19. Those problems are largely resolved as far as I can tell.

Current problems: Room service has not been as good as expected. Inconsistent delivery times, long hold times when calling. We left our order on the doorknob last night asking for delivery this morning 9 - 9:30. Delivery came at 8:35, still dead asleep, rude awakening.

Food quality a little disappointing. We have not tried the specialty restaurants but plan to in the coming days. Have heard good things about Share, cost $39pp.

Customer service levels seem lower with this crew than our last cruise on Ruby Princess in April 2015. I don't know but lot of crew just seem tired, our cabin steward said on the turnaround day in Port Everglades on Friday, he had to have the rooms ready by 11am, said they usually have until 2pm, seemed very harried that day.

Captain circle cocktail hour with the captain was split, one at 5:15 for golden and ruby pax, second at 7:15 for platinum and elite. We did not have time to attend. But our favorite waitress in Elite lounge, Myra, told us day before that she would look out for us and get whatever drink we wanted, she has been wait person highlight for us on this cruise. Nice.

One thing different since our last cruise, servers do not require to sign for bar purchases. In fact, in some cases they do not even provide a receipt. Today, I bought a specialty coffee and when waitress gave receipt, no pen provided to sign (or add additional gratuity).

Entertainment has been better than expected. There is a new show developed for Princess by Steven Schwartz, it was first performed this week, excellent. It is a more complicated production than usual, but the crew preformed it very admirably. Got a standing ovation. Also, performers in other venues have been very good.

New carpet everywhere, new flooring on Lido and other open decks, very nice. Lots of new upolstary (sp), even in the Princess Theater. New furniture in a lot of areas. New matresses are very comfortable.

Happy sailing.

MSUcruisers,

We live in CO and have had quite a bit of snow lately. Last week we were to only get 2 - 5 inches and we got 15. We are to get more this Friday night and all day Saturday. Glad i booked a hotel at DIA for this Friday since our flight leaves so early on Saturday.

Praying that all goes well:)

Now if i could just get the weather on our cruise to not have rain forecasted in it every day!!!!!

thanks

MSUcruisers,

We live in CO and have had quite a bit of snow lately. Last week we were to only get 2 - 5 inches and we got 15. We are to get more this Friday night and all day Saturday. Glad i booked a hotel at DIA for this Friday since our flight leaves so early on Saturday.

Praying that all goes well:)

Now if i could just get the weather on our cruise to not have rain forecasted in it every day!!!!!

thanks

Bon Voyage. Enjoy the Emerald. She's our favorite Princess ship. Snowed hard here this AM and heading your way. Now it's cold and windy. I'll trade you...

Edited by davekathy

Hi,

We are currently on the 2nd week cruising on Emerald since dry dock. There were a lot of problems with water supply on the first 5-day cruise which sailed 12/14 - 12/19. Those problems are largely resolved as far as I can tell.

Current problems: Room service has not been as good as expected. Inconsistent delivery times, long hold times when calling. We left our order on the doorknob last night asking for delivery this morning 9 - 9:30. Delivery came at 8:35, still dead asleep, rude awakening.

Food quality a little disappointing. We have not tried the specialty restaurants but plan to in the coming days. Have heard good things about Share, cost $39pp.

Customer service levels seem lower with this crew than our last cruise on Ruby Princess in April 2015. I don't know but lot of crew just seem tired, our cabin steward said on the turnaround day in Port Everglades on Friday, he had to have the rooms ready by 11am, said they usually have until 2pm, seemed very harried that day.

Captain circle cocktail hour with the captain was split, one at 5:15 for golden and ruby pax, second at 7:15 for platinum and elite. We did not have time to attend. But our favorite waitress in Elite lounge, Myra, told us day before that she would look out for us and get whatever drink we wanted, she has been wait person highlight for us on this cruise. Nice.

One thing different since our last cruise, servers do not require to sign for bar purchases. In fact, in some cases they do not even provide a receipt. Today, I bought a specialty coffee and when waitress gave receipt, no pen provided to sign (or add additional gratuity).

Entertainment has been better than expected. There is a new show developed for Princess by Steven Schwartz, it was first performed this week, excellent. It is a more complicated production than usual, but the crew preformed it very admirably. Got a standing ovation. Also, performers in other venues have been very good.

New carpet everywhere, new flooring on Lido and other open decks, very nice. Lots of new upolstary (sp), even in the Princess Theater. New furniture in a lot of areas. New matresses are very comfortable.

Happy sailing.

Glad things are getting better. You so much bad stuff on here, just wonder if its always so bad, so many folks come back for more. lol

Thanks for the info, enjoy the rest of cruise and have a happy holiday

Was on the Emerald in Nov. before she was refurbished. Did NOT care for her. Tired ship with non-working AC in our cabin.

Did they re-configured the Lido buffet? Did not care for the very small, cramped buffet area. Is it still the same?

We were on the Emerald deck 8 in cabin E-327.

OMG- We were in that exact same cabin 2 years ago & had the exact same problem. I can't believe that that they still haven't fixed it. :eek: After complaining for days they finally moved us to cabin E330 (mirror image port side) and had the same problem. The temp of the air in the hallway was cooler than in the cabin.

I was told by one of the crew that there's a cooling duct from the engine room that passes these cabins & the heat can't be overcome by the weak AC.

Sorry to hear that they're still letting people have such a terrible experience.:(

Just for the hell of it we'll be on the ship in Feb & I'm going to ask the steward for those cabins if the people in them are complaining about the AC.

Hi,

Magic to Do is the new show, performance we saw early this week was just great. They performed another broadway style show, Boogie Shoes, two nights ago, it was very good as well. Seems like a very good cast on the ship now. Pianist in Crooners is Kory Simon, very talented and funny.

Really like the cruise director. For christmas eve, many of the crew got together and sang carols in the piazza, handed out music so pax could sing along, they did 12 carols in all, it was really nice. Led by CD. He also read the night before christmas to the kids, pretty special. This morning, a big christmas party for the children, it looks really fun. Decorating cookies, presents, a visit from santa.

Had dinner in the MDR last night, food was very good, I had the orange roughy and the spouse had diver scallops. Very tasty. Service was slow and they did not offer coffee with dessert. Just hit and miss on the service so far this cruise.

For those that go to Elite Lounge, service is a little different, you can select any of 7 different cocktails every night for $5. This is our first cruise where every one was offered each night.

Happy holidays.

Just got off...AC still not working very well...they came and "adjusted" the AC three times...still wasn't great.

Service in the Botticelli dining room was very slow...it seemed understaffed compared to other Princess Cruises we have been on! Had to wait 30 min to order dinner! Water not refilled often enough, nor did we have multiple opportunities to order drinks at dinner.

Considering the ship just came out of dry dock, the woodwork

was very "tired" looking out by the back pool on the 14th deck.

Cruise Director's staff was wonderful! Trivia and Bingo were a lot of fun with them!

Dinner in the Crown Grill was very good. Service better than in the dining room.

Had a great time with family and friends but disappointed with Princess this time!

We were spoiled last Christmas on the Regal and the year before on the Royal!

Just got off...AC still not working very well...they came and "adjusted" the AC three times...still wasn't great.

Service in the Botticelli dining room was very slow...it seemed understaffed compared to other Princess Cruises we have been on! Had to wait 30 min to order dinner! Water not refilled often enough, nor did we have multiple opportunities to order drinks at dinner.

Considering the ship just came out of dry dock, the woodwork

was very "tired" looking out by the back pool on the 14th deck.

Cruise Director's staff was wonderful! Trivia and Bingo were a lot of fun with them!

Dinner in the Crown Grill was very good. Service better than in the dining room.

Had a great time with family and friends but disappointed with Princess this time!

We were spoiled last Christmas on the Regal and the year before on the Royal!

On which deck & cabin did your AC problems occur? I'm reading that some people said it was fine & others just so-so.

I hate it when they come to the room for their so called "adjustment" and then leave hoping you won't call it in again.

This has been an ongoing problem with the Emerald for years & still they can't seem to fix it. :mad:

Hi,

We just got home from 13 days on Emerald. We had no problems with our room a/c. We did not hear any complaints about a/c from people we talked to. Our hair dryer went out one day, it took 24 hours to replace, they provided a temp portable unit until a new one was installed. We were in Baja216.

Happy holidays!

Hi,

We just got home from 13 days on Emerald. We had no problems with our room a/c. We did not hear any complaints about a/c from people we talked to. Our hair dryer went out one day, it took 24 hours to replace, they provided a temp portable unit until a new one was installed. We were in Baja216.

Happy holidays!

Do they still have those terrible hairdryers that are attached to the walls and have little power?