AIBP Australia price hike

Bofman

Just returned from a cruise in November on Sea Princess where the package cost was AU$59 per day if you bought the deal onboard. If you made the mistake of pre purchasing as I almost did, you paid an additional 10% gst.

I have another couple of cruises booked (both in Oz) and noticed until today that the AIBP wasn't available. However, today the offer has returned but now the price is $73.75/day:(. This could attract additional 10% when pre purchased if the same system as last month applies.

Bet there wont be too many opting for that great deal!

Just as an example, wine by the glass was $7 which means you need to drink ELEVEN glasses per day just to be in front $3.25 or TWELVE bottles of beer to break even.

Now I realize that Ozzies are big drinkers but what are you thinking Princess? :confused:

Hi Bofman,

Where are you seeing the $73.75 price? Is it from your cruise personaliser?

We have gifted our good friends on board credit for the value of one drinks package. When I tried to pre book the drinks package for them they wanted to charge me a US dollar amount for the Diamond Princess Sydney-New Zealand-Sydney cruise. As you know the currency on board when she is in Australian waters is AUD. It was all to hard, so we just did onboard credit instead.

I hope the price has not increased. The website still reflects AUD$59 per day.

We are giving them the gift tonight as a Christmas present!!!

Hi Bofman,

Where are you seeing the $73.75 price? Is it from your cruise personaliser?

We have gifted our good friends on board credit for the value of one drinks package. When I tried to pre book the drinks package for them they wanted to charge me a US dollar amount for the Diamond Princess Sydney-New Zealand-Sydney cruise. As you know the currency on board when she is in Australian waters is AUD. It was all to hard, so we just did onboard credit instead.

I hope the price has not increased. The website still reflects AUD$59 per day.

We are giving them the gift tonight as a Christmas present!!!

Yes it is in cruise personaliser.

All-Inclusive Beverage Package AU$73.75 per person, per day

Enjoy the convenience of our All-inclusive Package featuring any drink up to $14 including cocktails, wine, beer, bottled water, sodas, specialty coffees & more! A 40% discount on bottles of wine (below $100 retail) is also offered on bottles purchased in bars, dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Excludes in-room services, souvenir, mini-bar and vending machine items.

222699738_Screenshotaibp.jpg.030e7ccca3b18ad3b40055b2258b55a4.jpg

I would suppose that the price increase reflects international currency exchange rates(and a stronger USD) as much as anything else.

The last two years have seen the AUD fall 20% relative to the USD. Falling commodities prices and the leadup to the expected U.S. FED fund interest rate tightening schedule have had an adverse effect on the AUD/USD relationship.

Just returned from a cruise in November on Sea Princess where the package cost was AU$59 per day if you bought the deal onboard. If you made the mistake of pre purchasing as I almost did, you paid an additional 10% gst.

I have another couple of cruises booked (both in Oz) and noticed until today that the AIBP wasn't available. However, today the offer has returned but now the price is $73.75/day:(. This could attract additional 10% when pre purchased if the same system as last month applies.

Bet there wont be too many opting for that great deal!

Just as an example, wine by the glass was $7 which means you need to drink ELEVEN glasses per day just to be in front $3.25 or TWELVE bottles of beer to break even.

Now I realize that Ozzies are big drinkers but what are you thinking Princess? :confused:

why do u believe you have to drink 11 wines or 12 beers????

doesn't matter if it was an example, a lot of people think you have to drink all alcohol to get your money's worth which is not the case.

I took 'Bofman's' comment to mean that it wasn't worth paying for the drinks package unless you expect to drink that amount. Otherwise it would be better to pay as you go.:)