Specialty dinning CONFUSION!!!!

bbryan5

So I purchased the 3 specialty restaurant package for my Jan 12 Gem cruise.. When I go to my NCL, Teppanyaki shows as $0.00 (makes sense, cause I bought the package) Moderno also shows $0.00 (again, makes sense) BUT Cagneys, Le Bistro, and La Cucina show as ala carte. I completely understand that these places have gone ala carte pricing after I believe Jan 2nd. My cruise is January 12th. So can I book these ala carte places using my 3 specialty dinning package? If not, whats the point of the package if I can only go to Teppanyaki and Moderno with it? What if I want to go to Cagneys, or Le Bistro? Is the package than useless?? I just paid $140 for the package and wondering if it's pretty much now useless with ala carte pricing.. If anyone can clear this up for me, I would REALLY appreciate it. MERRY CHRISTMAS :D:D

Edited by bbryan5

While I do not buy packages I try to follow what is being offered.

I think what is your problem is that now that the restaurants have gone "a la carte" you have not been told that each package will give you "free", 1 appetizer, 1 main and 1 dessert at each meal. Anything more than that will be charged at the "a la carte" rate plus the 18% fee.

I hope that is correct.

Mike

I think what is your problem is that now that the restaurants have gone "a la carte" you have not been told that each package will give you "free", 1 appetizer, 1 main and 1 dessert at each meal. Anything more than that will be charged at the "a la carte" rate plus the 18% fee.

I hope that is correct.

Mike

I thought that the package would entitle us to multiple appetizers, sides (at Cagney's) and desserts, but only one entree. I'd love clarification before I cruise :)

Makes sense, thanks for the info! Side question now.. I just booked my 3 choices, but my wife (major PITA :p) wants to do Le Bistro instead of Moderno. Cant figure out for the life of me how to cancel Moderno and choose Le Bistro instead. Can I do this online? :D:D

I hope that is correct.

Mike

No, that isn't correct, unless something has changed very recently.

The only restriction is just one entree.

Edited by KeithJenner

Makes sense, thanks for the info! Side question now.. I just booked my 3 choices, but my wife (major PITA :p) wants to do Le Bistro instead of Moderno. Cant figure out for the life of me how to cancel Moderno and choose Le Bistro instead. Can I do this online? :D:D

Previous online changes require you call. Since she's a PITA have her make the call NCL.

You can't do it online. I believe that you have to phone.

Alternatively, you should be able to book Le Bistro online without any charge as its a la carte and then just cancel Moderno when you get onboard.

I hope that is correct.

Mike

No, that is not correct. If you do NOT have the package you are limited to 1-1-1 but if you have the package, the only limit is on the entree. You can have multiple appetizers and desserts with the package. That is the incentive to purchase the package.

No, that is not correct. If you do NOT have the package you are limited to 1-1-1 but if you have the package, the only limit is on the entree. You can have multiple appetizers and desserts with the package. That is the incentive to purchase the package.

If you do not have the package, you can order whatever you want but you will be charged for it all. If you have the package you can order whatever you want (only one entree) and will not be charged.

I think the confusion is coming from the Platinum benefit, at Le Bistro, is now one app, one entree, one dessert.

Hope that helps!

You can't do it online. I believe that you have to phone.

Alternatively, you should be able to book Le Bistro online without any charge as its a la carte and then just cancel Moderno when you get onboard.

Called today, you were correct! Couldn't do it online but the phone rep was able to cancel Moderno and book Le Bistro with no problem.