Carnival Platinum Laundry Benefit Question

LuckyZ

Only send out clothes that can stand up to hot wash and hot dry. If you think it'll shrink or otherwise get ruined, don't send it out.

We only send out clothes that have been previously washed.

This is exactly what we do, only our basics.

I also noticed the credit and was told it was for laundry after I saw laundry charges and called to ask. That's when they told me to look at my folio and there would be a credit that covered laundry for the whole cruise. However, I didn't realize if you don't use it, you lose it? Is this the case?

I also noticed the credit and was told it was for laundry after I saw laundry charges and called to ask. That's when they told me to look at my folio and there would be a credit that covered laundry for the whole cruise. However, I didn't realize if you don't use it, you lose it? Is this the case?

True, its not a credit that is refundable.

Edited by AdrenalineRush

I'm the OP. Thanks for all the feedback.

We just returned from the Sunshine. We did each get 3 free bags of laundry, of which we used 4 total. Nice that there wasn't much laundry to do when we got back.

We didn't have any shrinking issues.

Each bag is $15 which shows up as a charge on your sail and sign account, but it is offset by a $15 credit.

This is the BEST perk ever.

DH and I have been Platinums for a number of years, but just used the free laundry service on the Conquest in December. It was an 8-day cruise and we were going to spend 4 days in Palm Beach after the cruise and didn't want to go to a Laundromat there. So, we did the free laundry on the 7th day and it came back later in the day and everything was fine. We will definitely use it again even if we aren't going to have an extended trip afterwards. Nice to come home with clean clothes!!