Carnival Platinum Laundry Benefit Question

LuckyZ

My DW and I are both turning Platinum on our Cruise today. I realize Platinum get 3 bags of laundry for the 7 day cruise.

But do we get 3 bags for our cabin of 3 bags each due to both of us turning Platinum?

The laundry perk is wonderful. We packed four days worth of clothing for our 13 day Panama Canal cruise. I've become quite proficient in stuffing the bags. My average is 28 articles of clothing. I roll each item tightly and "Tetris" all of them into the bag.

Enjoy and congrats.

Watch your folio - it has been my experience (and others here have confirmed) that your folio will have a $45 credit for each of you for your laundry. If you do not use the entire laundry credit, it will disappear - it cannot be used for anything other than laundry.

My DW and I are both turning Platinum on our Cruise today. I realize Platinum get 3 bags of laundry for the 7 day cruise.

But do we get 3 bags for our cabin of 3 bags each due to both of us turning Platinum?

Glad you asked this question. We are turning Platinum on our next cruise in August which is a 12-day Med Cruise on the Vista and my wife was just asking me the same thing yesterday. I told her that I believe we each do, but I was;t too sure.

Longer cruises have a higher laundry allowance. It is per person. When I travel with Mom and Sis our allowance triples.

2 bags for 4-6 day cruises

3 bags for 7-12 day cruises

5 bags for 13+ day cruises

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx

Edited by SadieN

The laundry perk is wonderful. We packed four days worth of clothing for our 13 day Panama Canal cruise. I've become quite proficient in stuffing the bags. My average is 28 articles of clothing. I roll each item tightly and "Tetris" all of them into the bag.

Enjoy and congrats.

We do the same. Otherwise you are not getting much in there without ripping the bags.

I am surprised how many use this service. I will be platinum on my next cruise but was only going to do underwear because of the hot water warnings. What other things do you all send? I wish they would use no hot water since the only thing I use hot water for is my sheets.

I am surprised how many use this service. I will be platinum on my next cruise but was only going to do underwear because of the hot water warnings. What other things do you all send? I wish they would use no hot water since the only thing I use hot water for is my sheets.

Workout clothes,shorts,tshirts,swim trunks and socks

Only send out clothes that can stand up to hot wash and hot dry. If you think it'll shrink or otherwise get ruined, don't send it out.

We only send out clothes that have been previously washed.

We send t-shirts, pjs, undies, socks, work-out clothes, jeans (Alaska cruise). I bought shirts and shorts that are not 100% cotton just so I could send them to be laundered. Nothing has every shrunk. All have been returned nice and clean.

I sent out some workout clothes last cruise. My husband's were fine, but my shorts were too tight to wear at the end of the cruise. Not sure if they really did shrink, or I gained water weight and fat weight :o The jeans that I wore at the beginning of the cruise were fine when I left to come home.

I'm still leary of sending certain things. I never wash in hot water at home except for sheets and towels.

I usually bring along a single use packet of Tide liquid detergent just in case I need to do a load of laundry at the launderette -- and wash in Cold, and hang to dry.

Some ships' laundry is quite brutal. We only send DH tshirts, shorts and both our underpants. Only things we don't care too much about losing. Only my "granny" panties :). DH's underwear, after a few cruises, looks like a scatter gun was used on them. Elastic has been melted, too, on many pair. Some serious bleach? Heat? I wouldn't send my things. It is a valuable benefit, to us. Certainly better than taking those items home dirty. :eek: