Review: RC Adventure of the Seas Dec 19 2015

BoopTennis

Really enjoying your detailed review so far. We are traveling on Adventure March 2016 with a multi-generational family group of 18 and are very excited. Most are first time cruisers so your many details and helpful hints are much appreciated!! Thank you!!

I have not been on Royal for a few years.

On other cruise lines, they put small canvas bags (bigger than a grocery bag) in our cabin, great for carrying things to the pool.

Does Royal do this?

Nope.

i finally got my photos back from my cheapo disposable water camera ($5) that i used to take pics of our River Tubing excursion in Dominica. The photos are not the most clear but you get the idea. This excursion was so much fun, it was cloudy but very warm out (you are in a rainforest) and going over the rapids is a blast. Hopefully some of these pics are good enough to give you a feel for it.

ry%3D480

Lots of guides in the water do the tubing with you to keep you safe. They help you get on your tubes and get started, keep you away from rocks and if you fall out they help you get back on. the water is not deep

ry%3D480

headed for some rapids

ry%3D480

i was laughing the whole time, trying to take photos while riding down the rapids LOL

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Edited by BoopTennis

ry%3D480

sometimes you go frontwards, sometimes backwards

ry%3D480

it is best to wear watershoes

ry%3D480

sideways photo i didnt get rotated around but this gives a feel for what is around you, misty out and light rain some of the time, good rapids, water was not too chilly (I am ALWAYS cold and I was fine). Great time

ry%3D480

Edited by BoopTennis

What time did they start disembarkment? Self disembarkment?

How was getting a taxi to the airport?

for getting off the ship they called the first group at 7 am. not sure how quick it was at that hour. We did not get off until around 9:30 and it took 45 min or so to get thru the line thru customs. Getting taxi was easy though maybe 10 minutes or less

Great review and pictures. Pictures help so much.

Although we will be going a different direction that what you did, we will be starting in San Juan, too.:)

It has been years since we have done a RCCL ship. Does this ship have any type of "chocolate buffet" night, or Mexican night, or anything like that?

Do they have the "Newly-wed game?"

Were the beds (yes this is your opinion) hard to sleep on? Carnival I have found has the BEST beds so far, so hopefully we can find something to put on the mattresses, if they are hard.

Yes, as others have said about the AOTS reviews from members, I noticed there was quite a bit of "nit picky" too. I am not like that, and like to find the "positive" things about a ship. Everyone is different, so I know it is just THEIR opinion of the ship, etc.

Great review and pictures. Pictures help so much.

Although we will be going a different direction that what you did, we will be starting in San Juan, too.:)

It has been years since we have done a RCCL ship. Does this ship have any type of "chocolate buffet" night, or Mexican night, or anything like that?

Do they have the "Newly-wed game?"

Were the beds (yes this is your opinion) hard to sleep on? Carnival I have found has the BEST beds so far, so hopefully we can find something to put on the mattresses, if they are hard.

Yes, as others have said about the AOTS reviews from members, I noticed there was quite a bit of "nit picky" too. I am not like that, and like to find the "positive" things about a ship. Everyone is different, so I know it is just THEIR opinion of the ship, etc.

hello, and I hope you have a great cruise!

They did not have a chocolate during our cruise. I have in the past been to that sort of thing (and loved it because I am a chocoholic). No midnight buffet or chocolate buffet. But there were enough chocolate choices in MDR and WJ both that I got my fix

There might have been a Mexican theme in Windjammer one night, but I am not 100% positive. We ate in MDR for dinner each night

i don't think there was a Newlywed game. I posted all the daily compasses down below a ways if you want to look through those. There was a "love and Marriage" game, maybe that is close? i did not attend. There was an Adult "Majority Rules" game/show but i was not there to give you feedback.

I started the cruise with good intentions to get to a lot of shows but never seemed to get it done, my fault, not ship's fault, we just seemed to be doing a lot of other things so ran out of time LOL. never never was bored

Bed/mattress for me was fine, but like you said, that is a personal thing. I slept great. I sleep good with the gentle rocking of the ship. How I wish I was there now! :)

Once again, thank you for your informative review of the AOTS ship, and especially pictures, and answering my questions.:)

A couple questions.

If you only had one sea day (I wasn't able to read ALL of your review), what days were the formal days or nights?

Do they furnish a robe (like Carnival)?

Once again, thank you for your informative review of the AOTS ship, and especially pictures, and answering my questions.:)

A couple questions.

If you only had one sea day (I wasn't able to read ALL of your review), what days were the formal days or nights?

Do they furnish a robe (like Carnival)?

Thank you.

The Formal Days were Day 2 and Day 5 (which was the night before the only Sea day we had)

Robes - no they were not there, i did not ask for one. I think I have read the suites can get them.

Hello, thanks for letting me know we will need to take a robe. I am so used to Carnival furnishing theirs, and they are NICE.:)

So for the formal nights, it is the 2nd night, and the night before the only sea day, is that correct?

I know this is trival, but do they do towel animals? I thought I had read (maybe it was one of the other cruise lines) that they did.

Also, what do they furnish like hand soap, etc. in the bathroom/shower? This will help me know what I need to take also.

I believe there is a vault? Do you use your own credit card, or put a number in, or what?

I can answer some of your questions -

About the robes - that is what my husband uses at home, I always ask for one for him, and I always get one.

Animal towels - only on some nights ☹️

Small bars of soap are supplied, and I think shampoo, not sure. Never use that stuff....

And yes,mothers is a safe.

Hope that helps!

I can answer some of your questions -

About the robes - that is what my husband uses at home, I always ask for one for him, and I always get one.

Animal towels - only on some nights ☹️

Small bars of soap are supplied, and I think shampoo, not sure. Never use that stuff....

And yes,mothers is a safe.

Hope that helps!

Thank you, I'll make sure to pack my robe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello, thanks for letting me know we will need to take a robe. I am so used to Carnival furnishing theirs, and they are NICE.:)

So for the formal nights, it is the 2nd night, and the night before the only sea day, is that correct?

I know this is trival, but do they do towel animals? I thought I had read (maybe it was one of the other cruise lines) that they did.

Also, what do they furnish like hand soap, etc. in the bathroom/shower? This will help me know what I need to take also.

I believe there is a vault? Do you use your own credit card, or put a number in, or what?

so Yes on Formal nights, Night 2 and the night before the only Sea Day

Towel animals -- they actually did them almost every night on our cruise. maybe because it was a Christmas cruise? they were very creative and fun.

Our balcony room had little bars of soap, which were fine. and in the shower was a shampoo dispenser. All the guys were fine with that, us two gals brought our own shampoo :-)

Edited by BoopTennis