Anthem Dec 19th Cruise

dustball

One more thing...I originally purchased the Royal Refreshment package (soda only) for my 13 yo. They told me that the price was $8.5/pd regardless of age. I remember on Freedom it being $4.50 for kids and $6.50 for adults, so this was a big jump up in price.

After getting his first drink and seeing that soda was now $4.13 ($3.50 + 15% grat), I realized that it was a better buy to get him the Royal Replenish package at $22/pd, especially when fresh OJ was showing at about $5.15 per glass and non alcoholic frozen drinks were about $7.00 each with grat. Just before we reached Port Canaveral, fresh OJ went up to over $7.00 per glass. Maybe they ran out of oranges LOL!

So I went back down to the table and told the rep that I wanted to upgrade him. They told me that I'd get a credit for the package I purchased, then charged for the new one. Now at this time I didn't know that there is a 20% discount for any package for D and above members. So with that applied, the new package should have been $22/pd - 20% ($17.60) + 15% gratuity ($2.64) x 8 days ($20.24 x 8 = $161.92). However, I was originally charged something just under $71 for the soda package, and they credited that and charged me $80 and change for the new package.

On line there is no indication of a kids price for the Royal Replenish package. I don't know if someone screwed up, didn't know the rules or processed a refund when they just should have added on the addition, but in the end, he drank soda, fresh OJ, bottled water and non alcoholic frozen drinks for about $10/pd including the gratuity.

I did go to GS several times to straighten out charges from the restaurants because they don't seem able to process an included frozen drink like the bars can, so we had several charges for breakfast OJ and dinner drinks and no one ever said that the price was wrong or that he didn't have the correct package, and all bartenders and servers saw the sticker on his card.

That, coupled with the win of the iPad mini (and mom winning between $75 and $100 over the week on the slots) resulted in a economical cruise. I had $200 of room credit from my Royal credit card and $25 from my group booking, so my final bill had an $11 credit and mom owed $.26.

Puzzle Break is where they lock a bunch of people in a room and you need to solve puzzles to get clues to get out. I believe that you have an hour to do it.

Thank you for the explanation, Bill. Sounds like fun. See you in a few days.

I guess I'll jump in LOL... Wonderland is dinner only at $49 and Jamie's is $20 for lunch and $30 for dinner. Under 5 is free and 5-12 is $8 off of a kids menu. You will need to remind them to credit the difference for kids once you get to the restaurant if you book on line (they will charge full price for everyone in the party online, however advance reservations are necessary!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by dustball

I guess I'll jump in LOL... Wonderland is dinner only at $49 and Jamie's is $20 for lunch and $30 for dinner. Under 5 is free and 5-12 is $8 off of a kids menu. You will need to remind them to credit the difference for kids once you get to the restaurant if you book on line (they will charge full price for everyone in the party online, however advance reservations are necessary!)

I thought the cost for dinner at Jamie's was more than $30. I thought I saw it was $40. That's why we didn't try it. Didn't think my younger one would enjoy it for that much money.

And considering Wonderland is a tastings menu with pairings (I believe) at $49 it's a great price compared to $45 for Chops.

Wonderland does not include wine. It is a gastronomical experience of morsels and tastings. We thoroughly enjoyed it (we have a 12 yo son who also enjoyed it!). The food is all impeccably presented and explained by the waiter. Jamie's is just great food! We thought the plank (we asked for a combo meats and veggies) was wonderful! My husband and I had lamb, my father had salmon ( easily twice as much and moister than other venues) and my son had pasta carbonara ( which we all thought was addictive). I believe the pricing I quoted was correct, but best to confirm with RCCL. Plus there may be specials for multiple pay reservations at a discount,,,(I saw 20% off for 3 reservations offered)

Edited by dustball

I guess I'll jump in LOL... Wonderland is dinner only at $49 and Jamie's is $20 for lunch and $30 for dinner.)

just fyi, jamies lunch was $25 on the 12/12 sailing. the price we had seen online was $20. we were kind of surprised when we got the bill, but didn't want to cause a dustup for $5/pp, so just paid it. the food was great, anyway.

WOW, thanks dustball and njmomof2, incredibly lengthy reviews and much needed information on our upcoming cruise! I especially enjoyed reading about the seating options during the show (get there early), and the swimming pools! I do have one question, are the indoor pools heated???

I'm disappointed with the spa already [emoji45] am still looking forward to a facial or massage while at sea! Not too much mention about wine or cocktails, I guess you're not keen on drinks!

Thanks for two really great reviews!

Mary Y Sol (LOVE the name)

To answer a few questions.... I believe the pools are heated. They are very comfortable (indoor pools) when in northern waters. The indoor spaces are beautiful and we even gravitated to them when in the Carribean.

Wine and cocktails.

We ended up bringing bottles of wine on board! And that is primarily what we drank. I had a few cocktails in Schooner's Bar and in the Solarium Bar and found them to be GREAT! Schooner's Bar had interesting (Grapefruit/Habanero Cocktail) strong drinks. The Mojito in Solarium Bar was another favorite.

Hope this helps....

Stephanie

Devinly Decadence is no more!

Please say it ain't so! [emoji33][emoji24][emoji33]

Yup, sounds like it's gone.

Someone just wrote a review of their New Year's cruise and talked about eating there. The food sounded a lot like what's in the WJ just a smaller space. Not sure what they will ultimately end up doing with it but I guess with the WJ and the dining rooms aft, there is really nothing to eat up front, so this gives the people in the solarium and indoor pool somewhere to eat without having to traverse the entire ship.

Are you having problems with booking spa appointments online?