Rant on facebook

the english lady

Sorry DGS1956. that's the problem with the written word, you cannot always convey the "feeling". Unless you are calling him a obnoxious ungrateful prat..in which case I understand that feeling...tee hee..

I would hazard a guess you are the same age as me.....a very fine vintage...

You are correct of course. I did have a Visitor Attraction for many years and the complaints you got beggared belief. 99% of people are nice but a small amount aren't and for me occasionally one would get to me.

I just see the scenario where you are in command of the Britannia and its Christmas. P&O have handed out a nice gift and some guy is biting your ear about it, possibly like an aggressive terrier. If it were me it would have been a case of "Go to Jail. Go directly to Jail. Do not pass Go".

We may be of the same "fine vintage". I have certainly agreed with every post you have put on this Forum !!

We are on the Britannia for the second time on 2nd January.

A Happy New Year to you.

I saw this on Facebook and I couldn't believe the passenger actually complained to the Captain. If he wanted to complain about a gift surely it should have been to the purser (I can't think of the new title at the moment). On what other holiday would you receive a Christmas gift and I for one would have liked it. I'm not buying one of ebay though.

I've just had a look at the complainer's FB page and he's posted loads of photos to suggest he's still having a great time. Why would you go straight to the captain about such a stupid trivial thing? It's astonishing.

Captain Brown came to our roll call meet and greet on Azura and we all thought he was just lovely. I've seen the videos of him joining in at the Sailaway parties and he looks good fun. He must have been really pushed by this guy to even respond.

So this guy is on a cruise and has spent his time on face book complaining about a £50 gift. I suggest the guy gets a life and enjoy his cruise. Pando are not duty bound to give any gifts to anyone. I wonder if he is trying to get some kind of discount from a future cruise.

The year hubby and I were on Azura for Christmas we were given a towel each. Hardly exciting but came in useful. A gift is a gift, not a right and it would be impossible to come up with something that everyone on board wanted. I suggest the complainer grows up and remembers how very lucky he is!

I was taught it is not what the gift is it is the thought -

P&O are not obliged to give the passengers anything, surely no one books a Christmas cruise just to get a gift

As for whomever posted this dribble - has he responded to any of the negative postings ??? I think he may have been a stirrer and just wanted the reactions

Sadly haven't been on arcadia since 2010 hammo ...... strange that I look familiar though .... I quite like that :) .

Searching for an arcadia cruise though, but due to my girlfriends holidays, it causes a bit of a nuisance.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have only met one (that I know of) and he was a lovely person full of good info.

I have only ever been to a couple of meet and greets onboard, and the one he hosted was taken over by another person, who thought her point of view was the only one we wanted to hear about. Whenever we tried to steer in a different direction she always brought it back..

That wouldn't be the one that i was at by any chance? :):) if so I agree totally!

I saw this post on the FB cruise fans page Florry and I thought it sounded like you! :D I had no idea the original post was on here!

Lol I'm obviously predictable [emoji15] I'd be rubbish under cover.

Edited by Florry

That wouldn't be the one that i was at by any chance? :):) if so I agree totally!

Uh yes it was:o:o

So glad it wasn't just me;)

It was a shame because we probably all had little stories that we could have shared.

We shall have to go on another cruise MM ,with a meet and greet that he hosts!!!!

Staying on thread...I watched some of the pando monopoly on ebay, and one had no bidder, and unsurprisingly the buy it now price-which was more than on the ship...was also not paid.

Uh yes it was:o:o

So glad it wasn't just me;)

It was a shame because we probably all had little stories that we could have shared.

We shall have to go on another cruise MM ,with a meet and greet that he hosts!!!!

Staying on thread...I watched some of the pando monopoly on ebay, and one had no bidder, and unsurprisingly the buy it now price-which was more than on the ship...was also not paid.

Good! :D

Happy new Year Florry!

Actually you probably talk more sense than a great many on here! Keep going! :)

Happy New Year to you too [emoji4] not sure about the talking sense, I have lots of dodgy moments haha.

Just seen on Ebay.

P and O monopoly set relisted now at starting price at auction...£65+£6 pand ..no bidders..or £91 buy it now.

Both prices are more than on the ship..if it carries on it will be cheaper to go on a cruise to buy one, than get it off ebay!!!!!!!

If people are happy to wait till I come back in March, I'll undercut that!!

Only joking! I couldn't be bothered with all the hassle nor would I give the sellers the satisfaction of making money on a free gift

Just back from Aurora ( lovely time!) so firstly Happy New Year to you all.....

Saw the Monopoly game in the shop, priced at £50 plus the 20% VAT. It looked good, but sorry, I couldn't justify paying that much.

Just back from Aurora ( lovely time!) so firstly Happy New Year to you all.....

Saw the Monopoly game in the shop, priced at £50 plus the 20% VAT. It looked good, but sorry, I couldn't justify paying that much.

Happy New Year to you Scriv - glad you had a lovely time!