Triumph - Boarding will probably run late today

kwbound

We are onboard now. It is 9:30am and we are sitting in the middle of the Galveston ship channel and have been for a while. They have told us it is too windy to safely dock. They haven't given us an ETA as to when we might actually dock. Disney came in right before us and they are tied up at their terminal. Don't know if that ship is better equipped to deal with wind, or if the wind picked up after they made it in or what.

I will do a review once we are home and guests are gone. We had fun with family on the trip, but I can't see me ever sailing this ship again, unless the cruise was free.

We just started moving towards the dock. There is a tug behind us. Hopefully we will be docked and cleared soon. We are FTTF and doing self-assist so hopefully we will be able is disembark soon.

This happens a lot in Galveston. I was on the Magic back in October and we got stuck in fog outside the bay. That was the worse debarkation I've ever experienced.

Because of the delay getting back to the dock, people were totally ignoring the CD's minimal instructions and hallways,stairways and elevators were totally filled with rude, pushing, shoving cruisers all trying to get off the ship at once.

I was both walkoff and platinum Zone 1 and the CD never called for our group, so around 11AM I joined the masses shoving their way off the ship. A crazy crazy way to disembark.

Looking forward to your review to see what the problem was. We had 12 of us on the Triumph a few weeks ago. Everyone loved every aspect of the cruise from the ship itself to the service. Going back on her in April out of Nola.

Me, too. I sailed on the Triumph in April and loved the ship and all that entails. Am returning in March with 10 friends and family! Can't wait to show them the fun ship.

We are onboard now. It is 9:30am and we are sitting in the middle of the Galveston ship channel and have been for a while. They have told us it is too windy to safely dock. They haven't given us an ETA as to when we might actually dock. Disney came in right before us and they are tied up at their terminal. Don't know if that ship is better equipped to deal with wind, or if the wind picked up after they made it in or what.

I will do a review once we are home and guests are gone. We had fun with family on the trip, but I can't see me ever sailing this ship again, unless the cruise was free.

Ship happens, you have cruised enough to know that (I would hope). Perhaps you would have preferred traveling by air over the holidays, rain, wind, snow, tornadoes, cancellations, long delays. Tom

Ship happens, you have cruised enough to know that (I would hope). Perhaps you would have preferred traveling by air over the holidays, rain, wind, snow, tornadoes, cancellations, long delays. Tom

Yes Tom, ship does happen. To some ships more than others it seems. The delay in arrival this morning wasn't even our biggest complaint about this particular ship. And no, we would not prefer to travel by air in winter, even from Houston. As I stated, we had fun as a family. We just won't sail this particular ship again. I will write a more detailed review once all the family are gone and the laundry is done. It will be an honest review and hopefully everyone will read it with an open mind, even if my opinion doesn't jive with their's or with what they want to hear.

Yes Tom, ship does happen. To some ships more than others it seems. The delay in arrival this morning wasn't even our biggest complaint about this particular ship. And no, we would not prefer to travel by air in winter, even from Houston. As I stated, we had fun as a family. We just won't sail this particular ship again. I will write a more detailed review once all the family are gone and the laundry is done. It will be an honest review and hopefully everyone will read it with an open mind, even if my opinion doesn't jive with their's or with what they want to hear.

True true. crap happens on any vacation. Yes, everyone will have different opinions on your review. My first cruise was on the Triumph and am taking my daughter and grandchildren in April. I look forward to your review and as I do with any reviews, I take that knowledge and make my own :)

An "honest" review is still an opinion based on someone's personal perceptions of incidents and their own internal reactions to said. Just post a review, keep to the facts without interjecting personal "feelings" and let others determine the "honesty" level based on their own perceptions and experiences. Reviews written with the "I am honest and the BEST authority" almost always fall flat and become a whine session, easily.

An "honest" review is still an opinion based on someone's personal perceptions of incidents and their own internal reactions to said. Just post a review, keep to the facts without interjecting personal "feelings" and let others determine the "honesty" level based on their own perceptions and experiences. Reviews written with the "I am honest and the BEST authority" almost always fall flat and become a whine session, easily.

If wanted just the facts, I would watch the weather channel and take all my info from the Carnival website. I WANT a review that is honest, that includes feelings, perceptions and opinions... and I can take what I read and assess it myself.

Ditto, I like to hear someone's personal take on it even if I don't agree. We personally loved the Triumph. We didn't really care for the Conquest yet others love it, to each their own.

If wanted just the facts, I would watch the weather channel and take all my info from the Carnival website. I WANT a review that is honest, that includes feelings, perceptions and opinions... and I can take what I read and assess it myself.

Yep, I'm here to escape the doom for now as we live in Rockwall which is next to Garland/Rowlett. Seeing the devastation first hand and reading the stories is heartbreaking. This one came very close and I feel very thankful....very sad for those folks not so lucky.

Don't make it TOOO bad, we do a 21 day B2B Jan 6th, also did 12 day on Triumph this March to Columbia etc, we encountered 3 or 4 rough seas in S. Amer, they said not uncommon, that time of year. We probably would not pic the Triumph, but 3 long great cruise out of Galveston, could not resist. Had no complaints on 12 day, hope the same on 21 day B2B (same room). Tom

Yep, I'm here to escape the doom for now as we live in Rockwall which is next to Garland/Rowlett. Seeing the devastation first hand and reading the stories is heartbreaking. This one came very close and I feel very thankful....very sad for those folks not so lucky.

Sorry for the loses in your area, we live in east mid-cities area, just hail damage. Tom Have cousin in Cash.

I'm a San Antonio girl, so this is new territory for me. I don't think I like it...:mad: Where is Cash?

Sorry for hijacking OP....Looking forward to hearing your take on the Triumph.

Sorry for the loses in your area, we live in east mid-cities area, just hail damage. Tom Have cousin in Cash.

I'm a San Antonio girl, so this is new territory for me. I don't think I like it...:mad: Where is Cash?

Sorry for hijacking OP....Looking forward to hearing your take on the Triumph.

Cash is 7 mi SE of Greenville. He is corporate jet pilot for firm in Greenville.

Edited by texast518

I'm just the opposite from you. I have sailed 8 times on the triumph from various ports. I've been on 29 cruises on 4 different cruise lines and triumph is still my favorite ship. She's not the newest and does not have all of the new bells and whistles that some of the newer ships have but she has the best show band afloat and the friendliest crew! For these reasons I have 3 more cruises already booked on the triumph.