Fun Factory on port days

etoilefj

Hi. We'll be taking our first Celebrity cruise to Alaska in May. I'm wondering if any other parents can give me some tips for the Fun Factory, both in general and if you can register kids to stay all day during a port day? Thanks.

Yes, you can put your child in the club on port days, but there is a charge from 12 to 2 that's $6 per hour, per child. They will serve lunch on those port days, but not on sea days. The club generally opens at 9, but it may open earlier if the port time arrival is earlier. Just as an aside, make sure you don't miss the ship if you leave kids on board. I've been on a couple of cruises where parents left their kids on the ship and they didn't make it back to the ship on time, leaving the kids alone until the next port.

The club is open until 10pm and after that there's a "pajama party" in the club from 10pm to 1am with a charge of $6 per hour.

There is also in cabin sitting for kids from age 12 months and older, at $19 per hour.

Yes, you can put your child in the club on port days, but there is a charge from 12 to 2 that's $6 per hour, per child. They will serve lunch on those port days, but not on sea days. The club generally opens at 9, but it may open earlier if the port time arrival is earlier. Just as an aside, make sure you don't miss the ship if you leave kids on board. I've been on a couple of cruises where parents left their kids on the ship and they didn't make it back to the ship on time, leaving the kids alone until the next port.

The club is open until 10pm and after that there's a "pajama party" in the club from 10pm to 1am with a charge of $6 per hour.

There is also in cabin sitting for kids from age 12 months and older, at $19 per hour.

Not to preach but I agree with Darcie, we took our kids on many cruises and no matter where we went they went with us on port days. All it takes is one auto accident or injury and you may have a real problem. And in Alaska it may not be easy getting from one port to another.

I will say that my kids loved the pajama party at night.

We used the fun factory every day of our 12 night cruise. The kids loved it!

We got the little "vip package" for the kids which includes all the added cost services. I believe it was about $100 or $120 for the whole trip, so there were plenty of days that the kids were there late (and still cried when we would come get them to either do something with us or go to bed). Those kids wanted to spend every free minute in there.

We did leave them in the kids club during one excursion because it was one where younger kids weren't allowed, but it was a ship run excursion in the morning so that we would be guaranteed that no matter what, we would be back on the boat (or they would wait for us).