Suite Vs. Balcony

trj1020

I want to book a cruise out of NOLA on Carnival Dream Dec 2016 for my husband's birthday. Since it is his birthday and our first cruise, I want it to go as smoothly as possible and have learned so much from this site. My two questions right now are 1) Is a suite is worth the extra money and if so, are there any perks with a suite advertised or not advertised? 2) Where on the Dream are the best location for a quiet Suite as I have read certain places are much louder than others and we are rookies :D Any other cruise related info as to what not to miss is also welcome to make his birthday trip great! Thanks in advance!

Carnival has the worst "suite perks"....NCL has the best. On Carnival, all you really get with a suite is the extra space.. For your 1st cruise, I'd stick with a balcony on Carnival.

Also, research your ports, so you'll have an idea of what there is to do in each place, and HOW to do it!

I agree with CB. Have not sailed with Carnival, but sailed in porthole room, insides, two balconies, and an oceanview (window room)(26 days!). Booked in another balcony!

A balcony room is so nice by itself, I think you will enjoy it very much. Looks like you have SIX choices within the category of Balcony on the Dream!

As far as location on the ship, look at what's above the room in the deck plans. Sound travels from above more than below. Beware kitchens/dining rooms/pool decks, as well as showrooms or nightclubs. In the former, a lot of carts rolling or furniture shifting goes on at night.

Traditionally, middle-and-low cabins have been recommended for new cruisers and those who know they get seasick, but the Dream is so big and with modern stabilizers, it's very unlikely you will feel motion anywhere. On the other hand, you may want to be near the center banks of elevators, just to centralize the walk to activity centers on the ship! OTOH, some people LOVE the aft balconies enough to walk to them.

ETA: ps -- Carnival board is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

and your Roll Call (where you "meet" others on your very cruise) will be here when someone starts it, only the 12/4 is started so far:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/?cruise_line_id=8&ship_id=512&sailing_date=201612

Edited by crystalspin