Port Canaveral Stop - Excursions

Newbcruiser1

Hi all!

Will be sailing to Port Canaveral on the Anthem of the Seas in February. As I will be traveling solo, I am looking to take a cruise-line excursion for "ease of use", so to speak. I do know I can get more bang for my buck doing things on my own but for this port, would like to stick with the ship's offerings.

I was wondering if anyone has done the cruise-line excursions to any of the following:

- Kennedy Space Centre - I've always wanted to go, BUT the ship's excursion is only 5 hours long. The ship is in PC from 12pm-11pm. The excursion doesn't even leave the ship until 1:30pm. Is this enough time? I estimate they spend about 4 hours at the Space Centre.

- Disney World - this excursion also leaves at 1:30pm. It states it is 9 hours (if I'm remembering correctly). With the drop off at the transportation centre and having to take the monorail - is there actually adequate time at Disney? I was there 3 years ago so it's not entirely a must-do but seems like it would be a fun day.

- Sea World - also leaves at 1:30pm. 8 hours long. Never been to Sea World but same question remains - is it enough time? It happens to be slightly more expensive than Disney (by about $5).

- Universal Studios shuttle - (must purchase own ticket). I can't recall if it was listed as 8 or 9 hours long. I haven't been to Universal in close to 20 years.

My gut instinct is to do the Space Centre as it is closer... I just wish the excursion was longer (the website hours list it as being open until 7pm but I wouldn't want to be left to find my own way back at my own expense either).

Any thoughts or experience? Would love to hear!

Thanks in advance!

Guest hsyoon
Bumping this hoping for some experience and advice!

Happy New Year everyone!

I recently went to KSC and I was there from open to close. I got to see a lot but I still couldn't see everything I wanted to. There was a lot more to see/do vs what I anticipated. I'm not sure if 4-5 hours is enough....maybe going to Disney for longer is better?

What time does KSC close the day you are in port? :confused: Could you stay much longer if you arranged your own transport?

Rental cars are easy in PC - all are close to the port and offer free shuttles, but all will be closed when you return, which means dropping the car off and taking a taxi back to the ship.

The drive from PC to Universal takes almost and hour, slightly longer to get to WDW or Sea World.

Thanks for the replies!

After checking the hours of each option, I am down to KSC or Disney, as Universal and SeaWorld close too early that day.

Renting a car won't be an option for me this time - I'd like the peace of mind of being on a ship's excursion and having everything taken care of. And with the KSC hours, I wouldn't be able to stay much later anyway.

I asked over on the RCI board and got varying responses so I'm still at a loss! If anyone has any experiences, please share!!! :) I'm leaning towards Disney because... Well, it's Disney! :)