Cupcake Cupboard Classes For Kids

LSUfan4444

The classes we saw were all older teens/adults, but there may be a kids class too. Everyone seemed to be having fun and the results were amazing. I think 6 might be a little young. You might want to try this at home using frosting tips on cookies to see if she can master it. It really is set up for older people.

Margee

I think the classes are for just kids or just adults. My daughter did the class, she's 11 and she was with friends, 11 and 8. We dropped the girls off and went to the coffee shop. I didn't see any parents helping out but I am sure many of them were close by like we were.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My then 5 and 7 year old daughters did the class with their cousins (who were 9), and had a blast. I may have helped a tiny bit in placing the candy pieces, but it was geared for kids (they made a monkey, not too complicated, but very cute and the kids had a great time. I say go for it...

The price is low enough for a 6 year old but is this something that she would do alone or would a parent be recommended/required to join them?

I've watched the class twice. On Allure they have a separate adult and child's class. On Freedom they only had the one. Next to my wife was a little girl I would guess was 7 or 8. She got bored and antsy, but her father tried hard to keep her engaged. She ended up falling off her stool while fidgeting. My gut feel based on this small sample is 6 might be a bit too small and would definitely need supervisio.

I think the classes are for just kids or just adults. My daughter did the class, she's 11 and she was with friends, 11 and 8. We dropped the girls off and went to the coffee shop. I didn't see any parents helping out but I am sure many of them were close by like we were.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perfect...that is where I was getting a tad confused. I wasn't sure if my wife and/or I had to book with her or if we needed to drop her off.

She is independent enough and has experience on other cruises doing activities without us and I don't expect behavior to be an issue.

Thanks for the feedback!

The price is low enough for a 6 year old but is this something that she would do alone or would a parent be recommended/required to join them?

Make sure you book as soon as you get on board. We were on Liberty OTS over Thanksgiving and they were running 3-4 classes on sea days and still sold out. They even added extra classes! It's a lot of fun.

Make sure you book as soon as you get on board. We were on Liberty OTS over Thanksgiving and they were running 3-4 classes on sea days and still sold out. They even added extra classes! It's a lot of fun.

We were able to book this online. I would try and do that if available as they do sell out. When we were on the Oasis, all the space sold out by online bookings prior to the cruise. We had a blast!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking of booking this class for my girls. A couple questions - on my cruise planner, it lists the "Kids" class as being for ages under 5, and the "Adult" class for ages 6 and over. My girls are 5 and 7 years old - I'm thinking I should just go with the kid class?? Seems strange to me that the suggested age is under 5 for the kids class... Kids that age aren't capable of much. Will it be too hands-off of a class, and we'd be better off in the "adult" class?

Also, if I'm attending with my girls, to be there for supervision/help etc, do I have to pay as well? Or if I don't want to make a cupcake, can I just go without paying, to just be with them?

Anyone have pictures from this class?

I actually called about this when trying to book it online for my two girls (ages 10 and 11) and spoke with an RCI representative.

I couldn't figure out why the website kept charging me full price to sign up my girls. To get the "kids price" listed, the child has to be under 5. Otherwise, they pay the full adult price. Also, apparently the "kids decorating class" pretty much just consists of smearing icing on a cupcake and adding sprinkles and whatnot - which is why it is recommended for such a young age.

Edited by MisterOJ2