current diamond plus perks

seaandsea

Anyone have a list of the current diamond plus perks that are loaded onto your seapass card? I am most interested in the free internet. I heard you get 48 hours of internet for free. can you use that in 2 different 24 hour blocks, or does it need to be used all at once.

Thanks for any info.

Anyone have a list of the current diamond plus perks that are loaded onto your seapass card? I am most interested in the free internet. I heard you get 48 hours of internet for free. can you use that in 2 different 24 hour blocks, or does it need to be used all at once.

Thanks for any info.

Coupons:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2045047

These changes apply to the above list for D+:

(1152) Purchase one cover charge in a Specialty Restaurant on the first or second night of your cruise and the second cover charge is FREE. (We could make the reservations for our 2 bogo dinners for any night of the cruise, but we had to pay for them by the second night.) Denzil in the CL made a point to tell everyone we had until the second night now to use this coupon.

(2517) 2 FREE days of internet usage or $59.90 off any internet purchase (valid for ONE device). 2506 and 2508 coupons no longer listed. (This change had not been made by IT yet, so we could only setup one free day for each of us and it required separate folios. For the second day, we had to pay full price and then go to Denzil to have him remove the charges. He said the problem was so many people complained about the 2 consecutive days, they made the change so you can have 2 separate days. The days are 24 hour periods, not calendar days.)

Edited by clarea

Coupons:

(1152) Purchase one cover charge in a Specialty Restaurant on the first or second night of your cruise and the second cover charge is FREE. (We could make the reservations for our 2 bogo dinners for any night of the cruise, but we had to pay for them by the second night.) Denzil in the CL made a point to tell everyone we had until the second night now to use this coupon.

(2517) 2 FREE days of internet usage or $59.90 off any internet purchase (valid for ONE device). 2506 and 2508 coupons no longer listed. (This change had not been made by IT yet, so we could only setup one free day for each of us and it required separate folios. For the second day, we had to pay full price and then go to Denzil to have him remove the charges. He said the problem was so many people complained about the 2 consecutive days, they made the change so you can have 2 separate days. The days are 24 hour periods, not calendar days.)

Thanks a bunch for that info.:)

Thanks a bunch for that info.:)

I forgot to mention that the dollar amount of the D+ internet coupon seems to change with the daily internet price on the ship. For example, on some ships it's $60 and other ships it's $80.

Coupons:

Great to know this! I thought one had to use them on the first or second night only. Happy to pay for them the first night and then book other nights.

Great to know this! I thought one had to use them on the first or second night only. Happy to pay for them the first night and then book other nights.

The ability to use the BOGO coupon on other than the first two nights is not universal. Some ships might allow it and others might not.

Even if the regular personnel who schedule your BOGO meal will not let you book for other than the first or second night, if you have access to a concierge, they most likely can manage this for you. Nadja did so for us in Sept. on NV.

The ability to use the BOGO coupon on other than the first two nights is not universal. Some ships might allow it and others might not.

We have been on ships recently where they offer 50% off the specially restaurants for passengers regardless of status. I really wish they would change this perk.

Anyone have experience with WHEN the "adult" benefits apply? My daughter is 19 and she doesn't get adult benefits, however there's not a separate paper showing what her benefits are?

My understanding was that 18 and up get the same coupons. Your daughter should be able to use all the coupons, except those that involve alcoholic drinks.

My understanding was that 18 and up get the same coupons. Your daughter should be able to use all the coupons, except those that involve alcoholic drinks.

That was my understanding as well, but for some reason, and this is the second time, they don't load the adult coupons on her seapass. When we went to get her free photo, they pointed out that she needed to be an adult to get the free photo. After we cleared that up, they pointed out that she needed to be Diamond... SERIOUSLY people?

Asked at my Next Cruise appointment, and was told she wouldn't get the adult benefits until she's 21... because of the drinks component... yet when I asked in the Diamond Lounge, and we called down to the loyalty ambassador, we were told 18...

Diamond plus eating breakfast on Freedom must go to buffet fill there plates than they can go into Giovanni's to eat. Saw a small group today that got pissed when no one came to take there order they didn't understand. It is kinda messed up the way they do it. There should be a set aside place in one of the MDR for diamond and diamond plus people after all they have spent a lot of money to get to that tier level and to wait on your self,not good.

That was my understanding as well, but for some reason, and this is the second time, they don't load the adult coupons on her seapass. When we went to get her free photo, they pointed out that she needed to be an adult to get the free photo. After we cleared that up, they pointed out that she needed to be Diamond... SERIOUSLY people?

Asked at my Next Cruise appointment, and was told she wouldn't get the adult benefits until she's 21... because of the drinks component... yet when I asked in the Diamond Lounge, and we called down to the loyalty ambassador, we were told 18...

I don't agree with the fact that kids get the same level as parents. Once they become adults they should have the same fun as we all did working their way up the ladder. :)

I don't agree with the fact that kids get the same level as parents. Once they become adults they should have the same fun as we all did working their way up the ladder. :)

Granted I've paid her way, but I'm okay with her having the same status as me, since she has done every cruise with me. She definitely enjoys the perks more than I do.

Granted I've paid her way, but I'm okay with her having the same status as me, since she has done every cruise with me. She definitely enjoys the perks more than I do.

Yes, if she has done the cruises she definitely should have the status. My problem is with kids that cruise once, turn 21 and they are diamond+. Thats why the lounges are getting so crowded.

FYL...I am diamond plus. I have four children now ages 20-21-23-25. All of them have cruised with me multiple times since they were 4-5-7-8 yrs of age. My eldest now 25 missed the 18yr old cutoff when their policy changed to "points per night". She is "forever stuck at Emerald" (which status never existed until the change). However the younger children who have cruised less, but because of age, inherited Diamond and D+ status. Of course this a huge issue now when it comes to onboard perks on family sailings. Especially now that they are of legal drinking age and some allowed free drinks, diamond lounge access, FREE INTERNET, etc. After much research we learned that although all children will retain current C&A status, they will have to accumulate their own status points (nights) to reach the next C&A teir. So it may take quite a few cruises for each of them to reach the next level since C&A now use the total nights of sailing to accumulate status.

Although the perks are minimal, it seems to be a big deal with the kids. I sail a lot with big groups and family. This is helpful info for those who cruise often with children. Make sure you register children with C&A upon their first sailing.

Edited by serious sealeggs

Yes, if she has done the cruises she definitely should have the status. My problem is with kids that cruise once, turn 21 and they are diamond+. Thats why the lounges are getting so crowded.

When it reaches a point that the D lounges gets very crowded where RCCL has to do something, RCCL changing their policy that by the time kids turn 21, they will revert to their actual status based on their current C&A points.

This is a better first step in crowd control rather than the other suggestion that Diamonds lose their lounge and just settle for 3 drinks a day in the sea pass card.

This is more fair than a person who only cruise once but got D+ when he was a kid and having access to the lounge, while a legitimate Diamond who actually accumulated 80 nights or more getting kick out of the D lounge and just settle for the loaded 3 sea pass drinks.

Edited by roquejo