Coffee cards

Occy

Coffee has changed to Lavazza, an Italian brand and it is delicious as I found on January 2015 sailing.

My opinion is Princess coffee is terrible, even the one you pay for.

To each his own I guess.

[emoji477]️

Is there anywhere on the Silhouette to get a good strong cup of coffee?

The Hideaway is a nice uncrowded space with self-serve coffee and tea on Silhouette

Enjoy

Edited by true45

Is there anywhere on the Silhouette to get a good strong cup of coffee?

Honestly? No! And there is also no place to any longer get fresh squeezed OJ...even for a price. However, you can get decent lattes or cappucino (for a price).

Hank

Lavazza sells excellent beans (it is one of the more popular brands in Italy) and we buy it buy the case for our home espresso machine. But when it comes to coffee, even Lavazza needs to be used in the proper proportion and brewed in small batches. Princess does this at their International Cafe where coffee is brewed a pot at a time. On Celebrity we have found no such place.

Hank

The Cafe on 5 is the problem for most drinkers as their coffee is too strong for any. Italian and a cross between coffee and espresso.

Perfick! (at fancy coffee shops I typically order dark roast with a shot of espresso - with nothing added to ruin the rich coffee aroma and flavour).

Edited by wpgcycler
spelling

The Cafe on 5 is the problem for most drinkers as their coffee is too strong for any. Italian and a cross between coffee and espresso.

This is a product called Cafe Americano in Italy. It is simply watered down expresso. In fact, my home machine (a high end Jura Superautomatic) has a button to make that product and I hate it. But is sure has become fashionable in Italy and parts of France. On X about the only coffee product I enjoy is a double shot of expresso or a Cappuccino with a double shot. I sometimes will even get a double shot Cappuccino, order a double espresso, dump that into the Cappuccino this making a quad shot cappuccino. This is just about the right strength for moi :). And with the premium drink package I can do this without any additional charge.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Is the cafe on 5 the only place to get espresso/cappuccino?

No. It is also available in the MDR (ordered via your waiter) or in the Lido. In fact, there is a large bar in the Lido (on the Port Side-Foreward, where they have an espresso machine and make related drinks to order. You can even ask for them "to go" or "carry away" and they will put the drink into a paper cup (with lid). This is my go to place when we are sitting on deck...and I want a cappuccino. I think you also can find an expresso machine in some other bars such as the one located on Deck 3 (previously called the Passport Bar but undergoing redesign and renaming on S-Class ships). And you can also order expresso at the various alternative restaurants as well as Blu (for those in Aqua Class). And for those who are Elite (or above) there are free Espresso based drinks at the daily Elite breakfast usually held in the Tuscan.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

First time sailing with celebrity and was wondering if you can purchase coffee cards onboard for speciality coffees, like they do on Princess ??

TIA

I am planning to buy the premium nonalcoholic beverage plan for our TA on Silhouette in the spring. We did a shorter trip that included the plan and I spent a lot of time at Café Al Bacio on deck 5. Lot's of choices of espresso type drinks. As a previous poster mentioned they are individually prepared.