Just booked the Western itinerary on Caribbean!

gcvt

We've never booked a cruise on such short notice before - only 47 days to go! :D We most recently sailed Star and Grand out of SF, so we're excited to see a new ship. Close call on cabins; we always book Caribe and I think we got the 5th to last one. Whew!

We'll be visiting my parents in Austin for my birthday on 2/12 and they'll be delivering us to Houston on 2/14 to board. Neither of us have ever been to Cozumel, Roatan or Belize so we're very exited.

Now we just have to get our flights figured out since we'll be flying in to Austin but flying out of Houston.

We've never booked a cruise on such short notice before - only 47 days to go! :D We most recently sailed Star and Grand out of SF, so we're excited to see a new ship. Close call on cabins; we always book Caribe and I think we got the 5th to last one. Whew!

We'll be visiting my parents in Austin for my birthday on 2/12 and they'll be delivering us to Houston on 2/14 to board. Neither of us have ever been to Cozumel, Roatan or Belize so we're very exited.

Now we just have to get our flights figured out since we'll be flying in to Austin but flying out of Houston.

I was on a similar itinerary out of Houston having not been to Roatan and Belize as well and I can say we still haven't been to either. Fog / Wind delayed us so we got to see Costa Maya and a day in Cozumel where every excursion that was water related or took place near the water was cancelled due to weather.

Good luck is all I can say. :D

I was on a similar itinerary out of Houston having not been to Roatan and Belize as well and I can say we still haven't been to either. Fog / Wind delayed us so we got to see Costa Maya and a day in Cozumel where every excursion that was water related or took place near the water was cancelled due to weather.

Good luck is all I can say. :D

Well, I'm perfectly flexible LOL. We're used to missing ports - all part of the adventure. As long as the hot tubs are hot, Francesca will be happy!

Southwest out of Hobby is great for one way flights.

I grew up in Houston and always hated Hobby but, in this case, it would certainly be the better option.

We did the same itinerary Jan 2015, just stayed on the ship and did BTB for 14 days, it was great! We had perfect weather except first sea day, a few showers out of Houston. One of our best cruises, did not feel rushed and were able to see what we did not catch the first go around. I know you will have a great time, love Cozumel....lucky you, have fun!

Dang it, too late to edit my last post.

How do we find out if they're doing BVE for this one? Is there a '16 schedule out yet? We would love to leave Austin a little earlier if we could take my folks on board.

Also, gotta remind the GF to call and specify meta upgrade only. They "upgraded" us from C743 to Aloha mid-ship for our Hawaii cruise. Had to call them to get our big balcony back :mad: We're young. Moving us closer to elevators with a smaller balcony is not helpful.

Edited by gcvt

Dang it, too late to edit my last post.

How do we find out if they're doing BVE for this one? Is there a '16 schedule out yet? We would love to leave Austin a little earlier if we could take my folks on board.

Also, gotta remind the GF to call and specify meta upgrade only. They "upgraded" us from C743 to Aloha mid-ship for our Hawaii cruise. Had to call them to get our big balcony back :mad: We're young. Moving us closer to elevators with a smaller balcony is not helpful.

Only wanted to say, yes, always call Princess or tell your TA to specify meta upgrade only. We almost got burned a couple of times before we found out about that. Not sure about the BVE. Call Princess to find out?

Hope that you have a trouble free cruise.

Edited by ar1950

By the time you cruise in February, the fog issues should not be a problem so you should have a great cruise. We love the CB ship.

eclue:rolleyes:

I hope you're right!

It's weird. When I was young, my Dad owned a cargo ship repair/maintenance company on the Houston ship channel and I don't remember fog being a problem...and I used to go to work with him a lot. Hmm.

I hope you have great weather and a great cruise! I just did my first Western Caribbean itinerary and greatly enjoyed it!!

p.s. Austin is a great place for birthday fun. :) Love that city!

Couldn't agree more. Growing up in Houston, my Mother's parents lived in Austin so we spent a lot of time there. My Dad now lives just north in Georgetown, but I'm sure we'll spend some time in Austin. Can't wait.

Edited by gcvt

Enjoy your cruise.

Enjoy your cruise.

Congrats on the booking. :)

Thanks!

We usually book at least a year in advance. Now we've got only 45 days to go LOL...kinda freaking out. Don't know where anything is! Snorkeling gear, little Belkin USB thingy, fancy clothes I wore on our last cruise, etc. Got the wrong size Timberland flip flops for Christmas that I have to exchange. Gotta pick excursions. Oh, the pressure! :D

We are on that cruise as well, I think I only have 5 weeks of work left as I am taking the week before off. We leave home on the Thursday and fly to Houston, then 2 nites in Houston. I booked an excursion in Belize where we are taking a short flight over to Ambergris Caye then snorkel with sharks. I haven't told my husband that as I thought I would leave it as a surprise. I hope that he finds it fascinating. We are going for his birthday as well.

As soon as the Christmas decorations are down and packed away, I can start thinking about the trip! As it is currently around -10C where I live with about 1-2 feet of snow, the warmth can't come too soon :D

We will be on the CB the end of February for a B2B. We sail out of Bayport or Galveston every year. Hopefully you are aware that Belize is a tender port with a 20 minute tender ride to the pier. In Roatan we will be visiting Mahogany Bay, a port constructed by Carnival, with a really nice beach, shops, etc. In Cozumel we will be at Porto Maya, the furthermost of the three cruise ship piers from the plaza.

Princess will be leaving Bayport in April and will not be coming back to the Houston/Galveston market. CCL has pretty much tied up the market with RCCL also keeping a ship in Galveston year around again.

Edited by satxdiver

• 2 weeks later...
Only wanted to say, yes, always call Princess or tell your TA to specify meta upgrade only. We almost got burned a couple of times before we found out about that. Not sure about the BVE. Call Princess to find out?

Hope that you have a trouble free cruise.

What is a meta upgrade only? And a BVE? Have not heard these before. TKS

We did the same itinerary Jan 2015, just stayed on the ship and did BTB for 14 days, it was great! We had perfect weather except first sea day, a few showers out of Houston. One of our best cruises, did not feel rushed and were able to see what we did not catch the first go around. I know you will have a great time, love Cozumel....lucky you, have fun!

We did the same in January of 2015 and we actually had 7 days of perfect weather. It was cool and breezy when we boarded, so no fog, and it was not windy enough to shut down the ship channel. We had beach weather in all the ports! We loved it so much we are doing it again in 13 days. So sad to see Princess leave Houston!