KYSS Bag Size?

Noreen411

Hi

I've been reading about the KYSS Bags and they sound like a great idea.

I'm torn between the medium and the large size. The width is the same on both but the height is either 14 (medium) or 18 (large) inches.

I was leaning towards large and have been walking around with a measuring tape to see if I have any bags that tall. Most are shorter.

Most likely will be carrying towels, sunscreen, books, etc - just regular stuff for the beach usually for my husband and I. Possibly some days just me using the bag to go to the pool.

I know it's only 4 inches difference but I was hoping someone could provide real life opinions - do you prefer the large or medium?

Thank you

Noreen

I want the smallest bag that will hold my stuff....otherwise, you'll end up being the "pack mule" for your party! You don't want that!

I just use a small tote...big enough for a couple rolled towels, my book and my very small purse....and sunscreen!

Edited by cb at sea

I do not have the kyss bag, but several years ago I had a similar issue. Was between a tote that was 12 and one that was 14. I wanted it to fit my laptop and college textbooks, the 12 inch high one was a half inch smaller so I opted for the 14. For me, it ended up feeling more like luggage than a tote because it was so big and awkward. The tote I have is an inch wider than the medium bag.

If it is just you two I would go with the medium.

You can also test size with cardboard if you have it. DH laughs at me but if we have a box hanging around I will cut it to the handbag size and tie/tape a piece of rope to it. Gives me an idea of how it will feel to carry and the size. (I don't worry about depth... just length and width.) The cardboard gives you an idea of how a packed bag will handle. It feels silly sometimes but it cuts down on the number of online purchases I have returned.

It's all a personal preference, but I got the medium bag and love it , using it for a carry on bag to the plane and ship. It is bigger than I really wanted but was afraid the small one would be to small. They aren't cheap bags but well made. I also got mine embroidered and with my initials. Thinking of getting the small one for another trip. I guess you could lay everything out that you would want to put in it, roll your towels and that might give you a idea if a small one would work for you.:)

Hi

Thank you for all the information/advice.

I kept measuring various bags I've used in the past and almost cut out the cardboard to test it. I found the bag we've been using most recently for the beach and it was almost 17 inches high.

I went with the Large red one. I almost ordered a medium also thinking it's easier to compare in person.

Since it's usually just Scott and I, he usually ends up carrying the beach bag.

Once it arrives, I'll come back and let you know what I think.

Thank you

Noreen

I have the large and like the size for a beach bag. It will easily hold 4 water bottles, 2 towels, 2 kindles, 2 cameras plus a Gopro and accessories, sunscreen, etc. I also got red because I wanted a color that hubby would tote. I have had mine for several years so they may have changed but on mine the straps are very uncomfortable (dig into your shoulder). I would recommend figuring out a way to pad the straps - I am going to try a neoprene strap wrap on my next cruise.

Hi

My Large Red KYSS bag arrived last night.

It is too big. I like the bag but it's not going to work for what I wanted to use it for. I'm probably going to keep it anyway for other uses. I can see it almost as another bag to pack in rather than a beach bag.

So I now ordered a Medium KYSS bag in Royal Blue.

I'll come back when that arrives to let you know what I think of the size.

Thank you

Noreen

I agree that the large bags are BIG so I got the purple medium bag and kinda feel that it's a little big but still going to use as a carryon for the plane and ship. But I am seriously thinking of ordering the small and use it as a purse. They are really nice sturdy bags only wish that they came in all the colors that the medium and large does.. have a great day everyone..

Hi

The medium bag has arrived. It got here a few days ago but my husband put it in his car and forgot to bring the package in the house until last night.

The medium is better size wise than the Large. I have the medium in Royal Blue. It seems narrower than I expected and the straps seem shorter than they should be (but I also put it on my shoulder wearing a heavy sweatshirt).

I'm going to give this one a try and see how it works. I probably should test pack it with beach towels and sunscreen and stuff we would take to the beach.

I like the idea of being able to lock it to the lounge chair.

Thank you for all the feedback. I will come back after using it and let you know what I think of it

Thank you

Noreen

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Just coming back after my cruise to give my feedback on the KYSS bag.

I used the Medium in Blue.

It worked fine. I liked that I was able to lock it to the beach chair and not worry going in the water or stepping away from the chair.

The fabric is heavier than I thought it would be, but I think that's to make it more slash resistant.

Also, the bag itself is sort of heavy (compared to the prior bag I was using).

However, the ability to lock it up makes it worth any of those little inconveniences.

Thank you

Noreen

Hi

It worked fine. I liked that I was able to lock it to the beach chair and not worry going in the water or stepping away from the chair.

The fabric is heavier than I thought it would be, but I think that's to make it more slash resistant.

However, the ability to lock it up makes it worth any of those little inconveniences.

Thank you

Noreen

Do you have a picture of you carrying it? That would give me a visual of the size of it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Thank you

Noreen

Thanks for the update. I ordered the medium bag this week; it's just DH and me so I'm hoping it will be the right size. What did you have in your bag? I'm planning on two beach towels, camera, sunscreen, bug spray, and small items such as lip balm, Seapass cards, passports, etc.

• 1 month later...
I do not have the kyss bag, but several years ago I had a similar issue. Was between a tote that was 12 and one that was 14. I wanted it to fit my laptop and college textbooks, the 12 inch high one was a half inch smaller so I opted for the 14. For me, it ended up feeling more like luggage than a tote because it was so big and awkward. The tote I have is an inch wider than the medium bag.

If it is just you two I would go with the medium.

You can also test size with cardboard if you have it. DH laughs at me but if we have a box hanging around I will cut it to the handbag size and tie/tape a piece of rope to it. Gives me an idea of how it will feel to carry and the size. (I don't worry about depth... just length and width.) The cardboard gives you an idea of how a packed bag will handle. It feels silly sometimes but it cuts down on the number of online purchases I have returned.

That is a great idea! i had never thought of that before! so gonna have to try it now

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see pictures of these over the shoulder. To get a better idea of size. Everyone has their own idea of the "perfect size". I want to judge for myself which size. Please post pictures and say what size yours is. I want to Thank each of you so much for your info on the KYSS bag!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, please post a photo or two...never heard of this bag, but super interested in it now. Planning on my first cruise next year and was trying to figure out how to keep stuff safe and still swim if I want to, and this bag seems perfect.