Favorite Carnival Cruise/Memory of 2015

pirate4me2

I would have to say that this moment was one of my favorite cruise moments of 2015 (it was a tough decision!! - had so many great memories!)

P5290417-1.jpg

This was when my daughter realized that I just handed her a conch shell with a little surprise in it...an octopus! Hee-hee!!

Of course, just having the 3 of us together is an awesome memory too!!

P5290436-207.jpg

That's awesome!!

Only one cruise this year, on Breeze, but the highlight for me was the Jolly Pirate snorkeling excursion in Aruba. A lot of fun! And Breeze is a wonderful ship.

I want to try that excursion on my birthday cruise i am in the process of planning. I agree, Breeze is a great ship!

My favorite cruise moment in 2015 was when we were in a taxi heading to the cruise port in NOLA, and I looked over to my left and saw the Dream's whale tail peaking out from above a building. This was my first ever cruise and my first glimpse of a cruise ship in real life. I will never forget that moment! It was love at first sight. [emoji7]

I always love my first glimpse of the ship I'm getting ready to sail! I become a little kid again. :)

It would have to be doing the first Alaska Cruise on the season on the Legend from Vancouver to Seattle. Amazing trip and perfect warm weather, not the cold and snow I was wanting. Got to touch a glacier, play with sled dogs, cruise Glacier Bay. Missing Alaska right now and cant wait to go back in either 2017 or 2018.

My favorite cruise of 2015 was my first ever cruise! My husband, whom had never been on vacation, and I went on the Freedom at the end of August. My favorite memory would have to be waking up first port day and watching Jamaica become a reality! The whole cruise was perfect and the staff was amazing!!! We are hooked and going again in February! ImageUploadedByForums1451554371.914412.jpg.6a72f9fdb0ad36c8df939c03bef80516.jpg

Edited by Rebeccar8612

It would have to be doing the first Alaska Cruise on the season on the Legend from Vancouver to Seattle. Amazing trip and perfect warm weather, not the cold and snow I was wanting. Got to touch a glacier, play with sled dogs, cruise Glacier Bay. Missing Alaska right now and cant wait to go back in either 2017 or 2018.

That is on our bucket list!!

We cruised on the Freedom for the 1st time this November. My best memory was walking out on our wrap around aft deck. Wow! We will probably never get one again but it was awesome.

An aft wrap sounds awesome.

My son's first cruise was this year. Last April on the Miracle. He 💓 the ice cream machine.

Can't wait for our next cruise in February!

7f7a6ed7caa56900ca4fc3fa190a81fb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Your son is adorable!!

The sailaway out of New York City in September on the Splendor. Awesome!

I'd like to sail from NY, I am hoping to one day. I'd just like to see some different itineraries offered.

My favourite 2015 Carnival Cruise memory as taken from my review:

A brief, non dining interlude on our adventures in Panama.

The first adventure was getting off the ship. We had two wheelchairs for my mom - first is her normal transport chair that measures 26 inches across. The second was a rental, full sized chair specifically to make pushing around the ports easier and more comfortable for her (transport chairs and cobblestones are a bumpy mix). Due to the short length of the pier at Panama, only the forward ship ramp was in use. This ramp is exactly 26 inches wide. We found that out the hard way. We brought my mom down in the rental chair and it wouldn't fit (not even close). My dad went up and all the way aft, got my mom's transport chair and brought it down. We transferred my mom into it and security held the rental chair for us. It was an adventure getting my mom's chair down because it had to be absolutely exact and of course the front wheels kept trying to turn and even the slightest would get her stuck.

After that little adventure, I decided that we had to do more than just explore the immediate port area. I was going to try to find us a tour.

When you get off, there is a big parking lot where I guess the ship tours meet. It was empty by the time we got off.

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20192.jpg

Even though I didn't see any taxi's I was still hopeful because I mean - there had to be private tours available somewhere, right?

So we went through the port building (cheap t shirts - $5 for kids, $10 for adults) and there were all kinds of handicrafts and they had locals in loincloths and headdresses and then you come out of that building into the port area. There is a ramp down, a ramp up, another ramp up and then another ramp down. The moment we stepped out, a guy came up and took my mother's chair and navigated her up and down the ramps (thank goodness - I was ready to turn back because the pavement on these was broken up and it was a tough push). Earned him a $5 tip that I was happy to give.

And then we ran into her. She of the private tours. Without any prompting, she came up, shook our hands, asked our names and tried to sell a tour. My parents were both saying no and I asked, "how much?" $20 a person for the 3 of us. "Do you have a car? my mother can't get into a truck or bus, it has to be a small car." No problem! So across the parking lot we went.

Of course, we arrive at a mini bus.

Yeah, that's not going to work for us. Her of the tours looked perplexed. My dad finally got across to her that we needed a SMALL CAR. No bus.

She told us she'd find us one. She was sent by Jesus to help us get a tour of Panama.

While I have my doubts about who sent her, I will say she came through. Over through the end gate came a small car - a Yaris. Maybe a little too small.

We made it work though - got my mom in the front seat, her wheelchair in the hatchback (it just fit and only because it was the transport chair and the back folds down) and my dad and I in the back.

Thank you lady for being true to your word - even when it meant finding us a tour with someone who wasn't in your company.

Carnival%20Pride%202015%20195.jpg

And we had one of the best tours. We were just going to go around Colon so we could say, "yes, we've been to Panama" but he offered to take us to the Atlantic Locks of the Canal so we went. We also got a close up view of the new locks (the poured cement, the new lake, the temporary road that they've put in to dam the lake until they're ready to blow it). He drove us right through the construction area (like, hard hats are required where we were driving ) It was very interesting. He also took us all over Colon - the rich areas, the poor areas, showed us the prison, the churches, the places built by Americans, the places being rebuilt by Panamanians.

It was a great tour. We ended up giving him $100 (because taking us to the canal wasn't in the original price) plus a $20 tip. He just really made it a wonderful tour.

When we arrived back at the port, we did a little shopping for souvenirs and then headed back onto the ship about 3pm.

It was going to be a tough push up the ramp back onto the ship and I tried to take my mom up forward but the front wheels just would co-operate. A nice gentleman who was cruising (on our ship but not a ship employee) helped me take my mom up backwards (me pulling and him pushing on the chair arms - which also made her feel secure because he was right in front of her if she started to slip). I thanked him and then he just disappeared.

Whoever you are, if you're reading this - THANK YOU SO VERY, VERY MUCH!

So we had an excellent day in Panama which I'm very glad about because there is no guarantee we'll get there again. It's not a usual port stop so it could very well be a once in a lifetime thing.

My favorite cruise memory of 2015 was our Liberty cruise on the September 20th sailing out of San Juan. I think this cruise, to date, is my all time favorite and and there are several reasons:

1. Prime hurricane season, so expectations on decent weather were lowered to the probability of rough seas, rain, and possibly missed ports.

2. Two weeks before our sail date, Liberty had the engine fire and we had no idea if we'd actually be going on a "cruise to St. Somewhere" or a "trip to St. Nowhere". At least we had non-refundable airfare, so it wouldn't have been a "trip to St. Nowhere" after all. We made a back up plan in San Juan just in case Liberty wasn't able to sail. But problem fixed and Liberty sailed.

3. Airline "misplacing" DH's luggage on the trip down. Fortunately we flew down a day early and the airline was able to get the suitcase to San Juan and deliver it to the ship on time.

With all of this going on, I was beginning to wonder if these were signs that this cruise was going to be a cruise from "you know where". Again, our expectations were set very low for this cruise. In addition, the roller coaster of emotions that came leading up to the cruise as we sweated out each tropical depression/storm and then news of the engine fire and whether we'd actually sail or not.

None of that happened. We sailed as scheduled and had the best weather we've ever experienced while on a cruise. The seas weren't like "glass" as I've seen in some pictures, but they were the smoothest we've ever experienced. This is my favorite itinerary that Carnival offers, so beautiful weather and calm seas made it that much better. We also met some great people who we are in touch with to this day. Our Carnival Liberty 2015 cruise will be tough to beat.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

I would have to say that this moment was one of my favorite cruise moments of 2015 (it was a tough decision!! - had so many great memories!)

P5290417-1.jpg

This was when my daughter realized that I just handed her a conch shell with a little surprise in it...an octopus! Hee-hee!!

Trip, I'm cracking up again. This picture is priceless and your daughter is a great sport. Had it been me at that age, I might have tossed that shell, and it's contents, at my dad. LOL!!!

My favorite memory was at the coffee bar. We put a few dollars in the tip jar, but the lady serving us coffee thanked us, accidentally saying "thanks for adding to the tit jar."

Instead of apologizing for the wording mistake, she ran with it and said the tips were there to pay for her chest enhancements, then encouraged us to tip her well enough that she could get large enough enhancements to use them as floatation devices in case the ship went down.

We are regulars at the coffee bar so she knew us well enough to know we'd find it funny. But as we laughed uncontrollably, others just looked at her like she was crazy. We ended up each placing another $5 in the jar and told her we'd just hang on to her if the ship went down!

Standing on the drop platform of Green Thunder on the Pride thinking "what the hell did I do????!?!?!" then proceeding to go on it about 100 more times after the first time

Haha i am trying to decide if i will do that slide in march! I know dh will, but im a chicken!

My favorite cruise memory from 2015 would have to be when my then boyfriend got down on one knee on 1st elegant night and proposed. The only thing that might top that is our honeymoon cruise.

That's so awesome!!

When we were in Roatan over Spring Break, we decided to take my autistic son ziplining for the first time.

Now, neither DH nor I have ever done this and all three of us are pretty scared of heights. DH and I had our doubts as to whether our son would even LIKE this kind of activity, given his sensory issues, balance issues and the anxiety that typically goes with trying something new. But we'd managed to get him to do a good portion of the ropes course before he got too scared to finish and we thought, "Well if he did that, he can do this too. Maybe."

DS freaking LOVED it. After the first couple of runs, he was begging us to let him go first so we did and he was a champ at it.

In fact, we all liked it so much we ended up going ziplining up in the Hill Country (TX) for my birthday in September at this place where you have to brake yourself and self-rescue if you get stuck. DS (who barely met the ziplining place's weight requirement of 75 lbs) did get stuck once but he managed to pull himself outta there without too much of a fuss about it which amazed the tour guide.

And after ziplining, DH convinced us to try indoor skydiving. Which DS loved as well and insisted on going first. Again. :D