Cabin problems with 3 year old

ste1200

Hi my wife, 2 year old and I recently cruised with p and o and when we got to our cabin, there were 2 fixed singles and 2 Pullmans. This obviously wasn't suitable as my wife and I like to sleep together and baby could not sleep on a bunk 6 foot off the ground as if she wakes and gets up in the night she would fall and break her neck !

We were moved to a double room and had a travel cot brought in but this took up a lot of room and wasn't ideal.

What is the best way to select a cabin that is suitable ? I've tried p and o and princess but the 4 berth with top Pullmans seemed to be the only option.

Hi my wife, 2 year old and I recently cruised with p and o and when we got to our cabin, there were 2 fixed singles and 2 Pullmans. This obviously wasn't suitable as my wife and I like to sleep together and baby could not sleep on a bunk 6 foot off the ground as if she wakes and gets up in the night she would fall and break her neck !

We were moved to a double room and had a travel cot brought in but this took up a lot of room and wasn't ideal.

What is the best way to select a cabin that is suitable ? I've tried p and o and princess but the 4 berth with top Pullmans seemed to be the only option.

With Princess you could take a mini-suite which a couch that can be used as a bed. Also full suites would eliminate the problem as well. The Princess ships also have family suites on most of their ships.

Most cruiseline deck plans have symbols on each cabin, showing what types of beds are in the cabin. Sounds like you need something with a sleep-sofa.....it will be closed during the day...or, you can simply put the child on the sofa, with it closed.....