Nervous about dawn

beautifullady

I sail on the Dawn next week and this is my first NCL cruise. I too read a lot of negative reviews, on the reviews page of this website and was extremely concerned as I am a loyal RCC cruiser and LOVE LOVE LOVE RCC.

I am glad some folks posted on this thread and the responses were good, some of yall may want to do a full blown review and off set all of the negative ones.

Thank you for all of your information.

Not sure what you are looking for in a cruise, there are no rock climbing walls or outdoor movies, but if you are looking for a fun filled week with four ports, great shows, yummy food, someone to cook for you and make your bed everyday, you will have a great time!!

Not sure what you are looking for in a cruise, there are no rock climbing walls or outdoor movies, but if you are looking for a fun filled week with four ports, great shows, yummy food, someone to cook for you and make your bed everyday, you will have a great time!!

Well said Patty! Totally agree!

"Don't Worry" !

"Be Happy" !

While the DAWN doesn't have all the bells buzzers entertainment the MEGA

ships (Epic-Breakaway-Getaway-Escape) have - ONE BIG THING that the

DAWN doesn't have is crowds of folks to contend with and the pace is more

suitable to going at your own pace relaxing and not rushed to jam in all that

big ship entertainment before time pushes you to the edge of cruise withdrawl !

The DAWN is not a cruise ship like going to a Disney theme park.

Enjoy it for what it offers and pray the weather gods make it memorable.

Oh and Hi Annie --- See you have quite a cruise-a-holic schedule agenda for this year !

Enjoy - you will like the DAWN the sister ship to the STAR your next door neighbor NCL STAR PC cruise 10/14

Edited by don't-use-real-name

Following this since i just booked the dawn for the 10 day cruise right before she goes to dry dock in May. I can't wait! I believe your experience has everything to do with your attitude & washing your hands to avoid illness

Edited by pookeysmom

We went on a cruise over Christmas on the Dawn and had a great time! My review and dailies, menus, kids stuff, is linked below if you want to take a look. I didn't take many pictures, but mitsugirly has a great review from last summer with tons of great pictures.

Following this since i just booked the dawn for the 10 day cruise right before she goes to dry dock in May. I can't wait! I believe your experience has everything to do with your attitude & washing your hands to avoid illness

I am on the same cruise!! There is a roll call if you haven't already seen it.

This will be my 6th time on the Dawn and my first 10 day cruise!! I cant wait!!

Loved the Dawn traveled with my daughters 26 and 23 last June

We did the weekly spa package best money spent, 3 women sharing

small bathroom would have been a disaster. They provide robes, slippers

saunas, steam room, lap pool and great hot tub. Nice break when you wanted

quiet time

Just back from the NY cruise on the Dawn, first cruise for my husband and me. IT WAS WONDERFUL! The staff was amazing. Our inside cabin was clean and comfortable. The staff was wonderful. Food and entertainment were both above our expectations. We booked the Dawn again for Jan 29, 2017 :)

Enjoy your cruise, if you go in expecting to enjoy it you will. We DID see/hear complainers, one guy talking about it being the worst ship he had ever been on.... I think those people must be Paris Hilton types... nothing will ever be good enough for them and they will always look for something to complain about. HAVE FUN!

• 2 weeks later...

got off the Dawn Sunday. Of all my cruises so far-10+ on 4 lines, The Dawn was my favorite ship so far. It looks brand new, its spotless, the food & choices were outstanding, the crew were friendly and a delight. You will LOVE the Dawn she is a BEAUTIFUL ship. PLUS, she is getting a makeover before June so you'll be on a new ship. Spinnaker is still there too and the best club on the ship.

got off the Dawn Sunday. Of all my cruises so far-10+ on 4 lines, The Dawn was my favorite ship so far. It looks brand new, its spotless, the food & choices were outstanding, the crew were friendly and a delight. You will LOVE the Dawn she is a BEAUTIFUL ship. PLUS, she is getting a makeover before June so you'll be on a new ship. Spinnaker is still there too and the best club on the ship.

Great to hear! I totally agree that attitude has everything to do with whether or not you enjoy your cruise.

I'm glad you had fun!

we have been on 55 cruises..35 with RCC and are D+. we have been on 5 different cruise lines. we were on 5 cruises last year 2015 and were on the Norwegian Star last Dec 07. We were totally surprised how well we enjoyed our 7 day Star cruise and are booking the Dawn in Feb. The bells and whistles of Royal do not trump the great service and wonder staff attitude we found aboard the Star.. We are looking forward to our next Norwegian cruise. Royal has lost its focus on their customers and we found a ship where the staff cared. Dennis & Kathy Black Indpls IND :)

• 2 months later...
Sorry to bump this 2 month old thread, but it seems a good place to ask my questions and comments.

We just booked the Dawn (inside cabin, first inside on NCL) for mid July to Bermuda and are REALLY excited. This will be our third NCL, and I was wondering how this ship compares to the other two we've been on, the Pearl and the Gem. I'm thinking this is about the same size as those others. As we are from NJ we, were considering the Breakaway which does a similar itinerary but it was just TOO expensive for us as this cruise was a spur of the moment idea. We LOVED our time on those other ships and we did Carnival last year out of NOLA and while we had a great time (who doesn't on a cruise?) it just wasn't up to par compared to NCL. NCL is just a cut above. This is our second cruise out of Boston, the last being around 16 years ago on Premier (remember them?).

As for the OP, if this ship is similar to the Pearl/Gem, then you'll love it. Plenty to do and plenty of time to relax, which is my goal on a cruise. The idea being....No internet, no cell phones, all the time is just MY TIME!!

We have sailed on the Dawn 5 times .Last time was Oct. 2015 . She needs to be prettied up a bit which will happen May/June this year . We've always liked sailing on her although I wish they hadn't moved Spinnakers .She is similar in size to the Pearl, Gem etc.(Jewel class ships ).The Dawn does not have the Great Outdoors which the Jewel class ships . We would found the staff to be helpful and always peasant .We would sail on her again.