Maya Key Roatan

Beaver1975

Well, I don't know if they are sold out. Give NCL a call. With that said, I'd do a private excursion to Little French Key. You will not be disappointed with it. I personally couldn't give my money to Maya Key with their possible involvement of the raid and removal of some of the animals at Little French Key.

Well, I don't know if they are sold out. Give NCL a call. With that said, I'd do a private excursion to Little French Key. You will not be disappointed with it. I personally couldn't give my money to Maya Key with their possible involvement of the raid and removal of some of the animals at Little French Key.

I talked to Cindy at Maya Key when we were there in November and their only involvement was to provide temporary housing for some of the seized animals.

Maya Key is a 5 minute boat ride from the pier in Roatan.

LFK is about a 45 minute bus ride, so take that into account. We chose Maya Key based on our time in port. We would only have had about two hours at LFK because of the port times (11-6, with sunset at about 5pm).

I tried to prebook this excursion prior to boarding and it wasn't available. I signed up for it right away once we boarded and was placed on a wait list. I was quite bummed! I ended up being cleared of the wait list and we were placed on an excursion that left for Maya Key at 12:30 (we arrived around 11am).

I just switched this morning from Tabyana Beach Party to Maya Key on the Jade for Jan. 30, 2016. The cost is currently $65/pp and they had spaces available. The change was handled very quickly by the NCL Shorex desk -- about 5 minutes from time I called.

Looking forward to it. I like the idea of it being so close by boat from the dock.

In comparison, how much was Tabyana beach day?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Maya Key for Adult/Child is $65/$55

Tabyana for Adult/Child is $79/$65

Tabyana w/ snorkeling for Adult/Child is $89/$69

I just switched this morning from Tabyana Beach Party to Maya Key on the Jade for Jan. 30, 2016. The cost is currently $65/pp and they had spaces available. The change was handled very quickly by the NCL Shorex desk -- about 5 minutes from time I called.

Looking forward to it. I like the idea of it being so close by boat from the dock.

You did a good move! There will be 4 ships in port the day you are in Roatan and Tabyana Beach is going to be very crowded!

Our first time on Tabyana Beach was so nice (Epic Aug 2010) and when we went back there March 2013 it was awful - because we had to share it with another ship and it was so crowded, plus it was during the period of seaweed migration and invasion to the Western Caribbean. We wished at the time that we had gone to Maya Key instead.

You did a good move! There will be 4 ships in port the day you are in Roatan and Tabyana Beach is going to be very crowded!

Our first time on Tabyana Beach was so nice (Epic Aug 2010) and when we went back there March 2013 it was awful - because we had to share it with another ship and it was so crowded, plus it was during the period of seaweed migration and invasion to the Western Caribbean. We wished at the time that we had gone to Maya Key instead.

We just booked Maya Key as well.. there will be 5 ships in port when we sail in Feb

Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Jade, Liberty Of The Seas, Carnival Glory, Caribbean Princess

This is our first time in Roatan. We went to Trujillo last year.

There will be 5 ships in port when we are there (2/3/16; Dawn, Jade, Liberty, Dream, Glory) so I guess it's good we switched to Maya Key.

We are mainly interested in snorkeling, but also beach time.

Edited by hawk1972