Europe solo cabins? Which ships

b_cruise

I am planning on cruising solo June 2017 in Europe.

I see NCL epic has solo cabins and solo price. Can anyone lead me to other lines where I would not pay 200% cruising solo out of Europe?

Thanks🍷🍷. Happy 2016!!

If you're flexible on dates, shop around, and are willing to wait for specials, just about every cruise line usually offers something at less than 200%. Since you're already a Cool Cruiser, I assume you're not looking for advice about anything else.

Edited by Dancer Bob

Thanks dancer bob, this will be my first solo and I had no idea the cruise lines charged for '2' unless there was a studio available. I have been trying to look up specific cruises but everything comes out at double. Even the epic, a double occupancy is 1100 pp and a solo is 1400 so u still end up paying more...I just had no idea.

How do u know if a solo deal comes up? Are there any solo cabins on rcl? Or others on NCL that go to europe?

Transatlantics attract many singles usually with an approximate 50% add on. its a bit early for reductions now. Should be good reductions this year due to situation over there with cancellations. Celebrity is good for singles. Ask for singles table when booking.Find out date for final payment for reduced pricing. Start looking several weeks before that date.

Again, I'll assume you don't need me to tell you the basics and you already have favourite ships- even a favourite agent? You have plenty of time to research, decide about extras like the solo lounge on NCL mega-ships or dance hosts on Cunard or Crystal. Things like singles tables are pretty hit-or-miss, probably best to look at the ships you already know, just ask for a single occupancy quote (suites often are 200% but insides much less). Most agents belong to consortiums, their wholesale prices are the same, if there's a big discrepancy make sure it's an apple-to-apples quote. Be aware some "low" supplements are on a base rate that's already 200% of ships that are perfectly fine for most people.

Edited by Dancer Bob

I tend to not look at Cunard or p&o or crystal. Are they just as good as carnival, NCL , rcl? I once read those lines have less English speaking and lots of smokers therefore I really haven't looked outside the 3. I find celebrity princess and Hal too pricey or I'd look at them for sure.

I tend to not look at Cunard or p&o or crystal. Are they just as good as carnival, NCL , rcl? I once read those lines have less English speaking and lots of smokers therefore I really haven't looked outside the 3. I find celebrity princess and Hal too pricey or I'd look at them for sure.

Are you looking for June 2017 (in your first post) or June 2016? I ask because I don't see any Epic cruises past April 2017 on the NCL site.

If it's June 2016, maybe one of these might work? They're all cheaper on a daily rate than the Epic studio you mentioned, but don't come with a drink or dining package so that might eat up all your savings. Other than the last one on RCCL Vision OTS, they're also longer than NCL Epic.

All inside cabins.

Date        Vessel      Embark   Days   Base Fare Total Price  Per Day  

06/05/2016 Oosterdam      Rome       24     $3,598     $4,220      $176    
06/29/2016 Oosterdam      Rome       24     $3,758     $4,389      $183    
06/17/2016 Oosterdam      Venice     24     $3,918     $4,532      $189    
06/10/2016 Eurodam        Venice     25     $4,078     $4,794      $192    
06/03/2016 Rhapsody OTS   Venice     10     $1,846     $2,059      $206    
06/21/2016 Carnival Vista Athens     10     $1,838     $2,070      $207    
06/29/2016 Oosterdam      Rome       12     $2,238     $2,538      $212    
06/13/2016 Rhapsody OTS   Venice     11     $2,092     $2,339      $213    
06/10/2016 Eurodam        Venice     13     $2,398     $2,776      $214    
06/04/2016 Vision OTS     Venice     7      $1,371     $1,539      $220    

b cruiser, where on earth are you getting your information! Cunard and P&O are British cruise lines, yes the passengers speak English. Crystal is about 90% American. Whether they're "better" depends what you're looking for but most people would say yes. And smoking laws in Europe have changed drastically in the last few years. Rando's list is a good one, shows you typical prices.

I recommend you find a new travel agent, your current one sounds totally incompetent.

Haha...I am my travel agent and yes I must be incompetent or just ignorant... I'm glad u cleared that up for me...perhaps it's time to branch out and try other lines..thank you!!

Rando, those are excellent examples for me...thank you....and yes this is not until 22017 but I'm looking at which ships I will be able to afford on a solo budget.

Royal Caribbean has a few ships with studios. Not sure which ones are sailing Europe, but I've been doing a little research into a Baltics cruise and Serenade of the Seas has a few interiors designated as solo cabins.

I think Costa also has some ships with solo cabins, but again, I'm not sure which ones are sailing in Europe. I would assume they'd have a lot of options available in the Mediterranean/Adriatic, since they're an Italian company, but I don't know for sure.

Edited by dctravelinggirl
spelling

Royal Caribbean has a few ships with studios. Not sure which ones are sailing Europe, but I've been doing a little research into a Baltics cruise and Serenade of the Seas has a few interiors designated as solo cabins.

I think Costa also has some ships with solo cabins, but again, I'm not sure which ones are sailing in Europe. I would assume they'd have a lot of options available in the Mediterranean/Adriatic, since they're an Italian company, but I don't know for sure.

Just so you are aware those solo cabins on RCCL sell out FAST. There are very few and I wan't able to find ANY on any sailings I suggested to the rep. If you are looking to do a specific sailing I would put down the deposit ASAP.

Just so you are aware those solo cabins on RCCL sell out FAST. There are very few and I wan't able to find ANY on any sailings I suggested to the rep. If you are looking to do a specific sailing I would put down the deposit ASAP.
Thanks for that! I wasn't sure how many were available, just knew it wasn't many. I'm doing some research for a summer 2017 cruise and they haven't put out the schedule yet so I'm keeping an eye on it so I can hopefully jump on it as soon as it's available to book.