Ruby or X Infinity to Pacific Coastal

NOSaints1

Never been on Princess or Celebrity there around the same place but Celebrity gives you an O/N in San Francisco. So can you tell me the difference between the two ships and cruise lines, the condition of ships, food, outdoor space, better ships for us in our mid 30s. Does Princess airline program offer us to put the airfare with our cruise booking and pay it down with our cruise like on Carnival and do we get any perks or discounts for being a past Carnival member?

And your experiences on either ship or intenary to the California Coast?

Los Angeles, California

Saturday, April 1

4:00 PM

At Sea

Sunday, April 2

San Francisco, California

Monday, April 3

7:00 AM11:00 PM

At Sea

Tuesday, April 4

Santa Barbara, California

Wednesday, April 5

(Tender Required) , (Wheelchair Access Limited)

7:00 AM6:00 PM

San Diego, California

Thursday, April 6

8:00 AM5:00 PM

Ensenada, Mexico

Friday, April 7

8:00 AM5:00 PM

Interior$943.65*

Guests 3 & 4 - same stateroom$268.15*

Oceanview$1,281.15*

Guests 3 & 4 - same stateroom$267.90*

Balcony$1,483.65*

Celebrity Infinity

Inside

$969*

Ocean View

$1,309*

Veranda

$1,839*

Concierge Class

$2,109*

AquaClass

$2,169*

Suite

Los Angeles

Santa Barbara

San Francisco

San Francisco

Monterey

Catalina Island

Ensenada

Los Angeles

I've been on Caribbean Princess and Infinity. You'll likely find this thread valuable.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2290868

If you own stock in Carnival Corp, you can get an onboard credit on Princess. No benefit to being a previous cruiser on Carnival as far as I know.

Edited by moki'smommy

I haven't been on the Infinity, so I can't comment there. But just going strictly by the itinerary, I like the Celebrity one better. An overnight in San Francisco, plus Monterey and Catalina, sounds more interesting to me than Santa Barbara and San Diego. Plus, there is only one sea day on the Infinity, where the Ruby has two.

I've done this Princess Coastal. Things to consider. Princess leaves from San Pedro (Los Angeles). I am surprised that Celebrity is leaving out of the same port.

I've done the overnight in San Francisco with Princess. We went under the Golden Gate Bridge during daylight hours. This new itinerary goes under way early and way late. Both times it will be dark. Don't know about Celebrity.

I love Monterey. So much to see and do. Princess does not visit this port, ever.

I've cruised Alaska on the Infinity and thought that it was similar to Princess. I am a Princess loyalist but had to give Celebrity a try.

My vote: Celebrity.

Can you add your airfare to your booking cause we did that on Carnival

You can with Princess. You pay at the time of your final cruise payment and if the air goes down, you can get it lowered. With Celebrity you pay for the air when you book it and are locked in.

What year are you planning to take this cruise? I ask because the Ruby is in Hawaii on April 1, 2016. Also the rates you are quoting are nowhere what any California Coastal would be charging for a week-long cruise. Where are you flying from? Also, are you aware that there are also California Coastals out of San Francisco? You could always fly in early and spend a couple days before your cruise beginning with cruising under the Golden Gate Bridge in the afternoon toward the sunset. Quite nice.

Edited by iceleven