2016 menus

shredie

I think it happens to a lot of us including me, jumping in sometimes but not really meaning what we have said as to what we actually meant. Time to move on.:)

In Melbourne today (22 degrees) waiting to board the Golden on Sunday:D

You enjoy the golden I loved her when I was on her wish I could have stayed on her longer

And as a favorite of your's what if Baked Alaska wasn't there on your next cruise, but instead some Curtis Stone concoction that you didn't care for , would that just be silly of you also ?

Just curious

Srpilo

Actually there was no Baked Alaska parade on our last cruise. It was called something else on

the desert menu and you could have a small slice, but no grand "finale" to the cruise, sort of sad. We miss it.

Actually there was no Baked Alaska parade on our last cruise. It was called something else on

the desert menu and you could have a small slice, but no grand "finale" to the cruise, sort of sad. We miss it.

We had that parade on my cruise

We had it on our last cruise BUT it was so late in the meal that most had already left. Of our table of 8 only us and 1 other were there and we had already finished our dessert.

We had it on our last cruise BUT it was so late in the meal that most had already left. Of our table of 8 only us and 1 other were there and we had already finished our dessert.

Ours was at the start before Any had ordered weird they did yours late like that

From the Princess website:

I know there will be some changes to the menus on Alaska cruises in addition to the Curtis Stone menu changes. Although I'm not looking forward to the latter.

I'm curious as to the changes your mention for Alaska, @raider23- any other details? I'm taking my son on our first Alaska cruise in July , and always interested in tips and tidbits!

I'm curious as to the changes your mention for Alaska, @raider23- any other details? I'm taking my son on our first Alaska cruise in July , and always interested in tips and tidbits!

ladyaero,

Here is a link to the Princess website: North to Alaska

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/alaska-cruises/north-to-alaska/

Thank you! I had seen a bit about that, but didn't know if it would still be in place for this summer. Excited to see it all!

You're quite welcome. We are onboard for the first Alaska cruise of 2016 out of S.F. I will report back and let everyone know.

I read or heard somewhere :D that it was being continued through May. I love the dinner, so I'm looking forward to having it one more time in February. One of the reasons I have done formal night the past couple of cruises. :eek:

Cheers, Denise

Through May does that mean our May 1st. cruise will have this menu? Does anybody know?

For myself I try something new every day on vacation this is part of my time away. My husband likes his simple foods like meat and potatoes (though he is learning). We haven't done a formal evening in 5 years but do plan this on the May trip. Hope to see something new that isn't comfort (for some) food. I can do my own turkey and meatloaf.

That all said I can tell you we have NEVER gone hungry on any cruise ever. Always choices throughout the ship every day, morning, noon, and night.

Happy sailing everybody.

Most Princess 7 night cruises I have been on have a Chef's Dinner evening and an Italian Dinner evening. Do they still have these nights? We are trying to decide which menu to skip and dine at Crown Grill. Of course we always go to both formal nights along with the sail away dinner that usually has prime rib.

Any recent cruisers on Princess have any advice to share?

Thanks,

Henry

Most Princess 7 night cruises I have been on have a Chef's Dinner evening and an Italian Dinner evening. Do they still have these nights? We are trying to decide which menu to skip and dine at Crown Grill. Of course we always go to both formal nights along with the sail away dinner that usually has prime rib.

Any recent cruisers on Princess have any advice to share?

Thanks,

Henry

Our most recent cruise was 14 days but we had both the Chef's Dinner and the Italian Dinner. Typical menus on a 7 day cruise included Embarkation day menu (Sailaway?), the last night menu (Farewell?), the Captain's Welcome, the Captain's Gala, the Chef's, the Italian and one other. The embarkation and last night dinners are the same as prior years but are just called "Princess Dinner" now. We haven't been on a 7 day cruise with the 50th Anniversary menu but that might be the other dinner or it might have replaced one of the others. On our 14 day cruise we had all seven of the above plus seven other "Princess Dinner" menus. Edited by IECalCruiser

Our most recent cruise was 14 days but we had both the Chef's a Dinner and the Italian Dinner. Typical menus on a 7 day cruise included Embarkation day menu (Welcome Aboard?), the last night menu (Farewell?), the Captain's Welcome, the Captain's Gala, the Chef's, the Italian and one other. We haven't been on a 7 day cruise with the 50th Anniversary menu but that might be the other dinner or it might have replaced one of the others. On our 14 day cruise we had all seven of the above plus seven other "Princess Dinner" menus.

And the food on your most recent 14-day cruise was the best I've had on Princess in years! ;) I know I've seen some pics of the 50th food somewhere. Googling might help. There are only two main dishes on the 50th side of the menu, a fish and a beef. Funny thing--the dessert menu on one night of my recent 4-day cruise was printed on the back of an old 50th menu! :D

Our most recent cruise was 14 days but we had both the Chef's a Dinner and the Italian Dinner. Typical menus on a 7 day cruise included Embarkation day menu (Welcome Aboard?), the last night menu (Farewell?), the Captain's Welcome, the Captain's Gala, the Chef's, the Italian and one other. We haven't been on a 7 day cruise with the 50th Anniversary menu but that might be the other dinner or it might have replaced one of the others. On our 14 day cruise we had all seven of the above plus seven other "Princess Dinner" menus.

I am happy to hear they are following the same patterns. Do you have a preference between the Chef's Dinner and the Italian Dinner? Been a while since we cruised Princess and neither my wife nor I can recall any specifics about the Chef's or Italian nights.

Onboard the Ruby now, and thankfully we still have the traditional MDR menus with the original Always Available menu's, but have been told that the Cutis Stone MDR menus will be implemented soon, possibly as soon as next cruise.

Also a Share update

I been checking every evening before and after my MDR meal, and have yet to see more than 2 tables (out of apox 30 tables) in Share occupied ... VERY VERY DEAD

And this is a first in my experience regarding specialty dinning, but apparently in order to hopefully increase Share bookings all the wait staff around the ship now have paper menus of Share and are walking around the ship trying to get bookings, so it's obvious the staff is getting some kind of commission for each booking they get because even the waiters in the MDR are repeatedly asking and trying for new Share bookings.. Sad really

Srpilo

Onboard the Ruby now, and thankfully we still have the traditional MDR menus with the original Always Available menu's, but have been told that the Cutis Stone MDR menus will be implemented soon, possibly as soon as next cruise.

Also a Share update

I been checking every evening before and after my MDR meal, and have yet to see more than 2 tables (out of apox 30 tables) in Share occupied ... VERY VERY DEAD

And this is a first in my experience regarding specialty dinning, but apparently in order to hopefully increase Share bookings all the wait staff around the ship now have paper menus of Share and are walking around the ship trying to get bookings, so it's obvious the staff is getting some kind of commission for each booking they get because even the waiters in the MDR are repeatedly asking and trying for new Share bookings.. Sad really

Srpilo

Have a great cruise. Has to be better then the 8 degrees here last night.

Also a Share update

Srpilo

hi Pete, Marcia here. We met on a TA a few years ago. CP 2012.

Anyway, I am not thrilled with all the menu changes nor do I think Share could be worth $39. No wonder it's not going well.

We are doing the Regal on 2/28 with my Mom who is a simple eater so hopefully we can find something she likes in the MDR.

Have a great cruise!! Love the Ruby, especially when Capt. Romano is on.

Srpilo, for the Chef's dinner/chef's table, do u still sign up at the beginning of the cruise and then later they let u know if you are selected?

Also, we are going on your orig booked cruise on 2/14. I am trying to book a dive excursion for my husband while on Maui. Could you let me know what is a realistic time to actually arrive on the dock from the tenders, in Lahaina?

I apologize for Off topic, but didn't know how else to contact you.

TIA! Terry