I'm DREAMing of a Caribbean Christmas- Stacey's Holiday Cruise Review 12/10/1...

sunbird21

Yay!! I hope that you enjoyed- I apologize again for not completing in time, but hopefully you were able to pull some info from the review still:

Yes I did, I do enjoy your reviews! I am so sorry to hear you have the flu. I think some on the Dream actually had it. The rumors were either 14 people or 14 staterooms, anyway they had fever body aches and respiratory-- the high fevers sounded like influenza to me. One poor lady came down with a fever on the morning of day 2 and was really sick and quarantined for entire cruise. poor thing.

Our favorite thing to do was all inclusive in Jamaica (we were on different itinerary than yours) It was a fabulous sunny Caribbean Day, they had an awesome DJ, great Jamaican Jerk Chicken and unlimited drinks. One guy in our group enjoyed way to much and the medics had to put him on the bus back to the ship-he could not get out of his lounger or walk and tried a new fashion trend of wearing the flipflop sideways. Silly drunk guy probably never knew he was in Jamaica and his wife was soooo embarrassed. My prayer was he did not get alcohol poisoning and he did not puke on the way back to the ship!

We had a great family cruise, very rough sea days but perfect port weather.

We had good service on the Dream. We had really great waiters in Main dining room, Ok service from room attendant, better than yours but not what we have had in the past, if that makes sense. Our attendant ask on day one morning or turn down. I said I would like both. He said Morning or Turn down. I said both. He said I come in the morning, will you be out by 9:00 ? I will come at 9:00 I said AM or PM? He smiled walked away. Really we are always out by 9:00 am but if we want to sleep in I do not want to feel obligated to get out! He did a fine job everyday but that sort of turned me off!!

Where are you off to next?? We are trying out the Adventure OTS in May out of San Juan. I have my count down ticker going again!

• 2 weeks later...

Loved your review and will definitely be on the lookout for your next one! Great idea rearranging the beds! Gross about the horses; we rode them into the ocean on Grand Turk and thankfully did not have any unpleasant experiences!! Happy cruising to you! [emoji568]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just finished reading your review of your cruise on the Dream and really enjoyed it, and all the photos, and really appreciated being able to read the Fun Times as well - thank you so much for taking the time to share your review.

We will be on the Dream in January, and I've been trying to decide which hotel to spend the night before at. We cruised out of New Orleans on the Conquest a few years ago and spent 3 nights in the French Quarter at the Le Richlieu hotel but this time we wanted to stay closer to the port. I love the idea of having a room on a high floor with a balcony so you can see the Dream, that would be awesome! My husband is a Hilton Honors member so I'm thinking of booking the Embassy Suites on his points, but it looks like they're not accepting reservations yet for 2017 as I couldn't book on points or cash either one so I think I'll just have him call to do it. I wonder if we can request a balcony room on the river side? I also like the fact that it's only a 15-minute walk to the French Quarter. I was sick for a night/full day the last time we were there (I'll never eat raw oysters again!) so we missed out on doing some of the things we wanted to do.

That's too bad your room steward wasn't the greatest. :( We've never had a bad one, hope it doesn't happen on the Dream.

We love spending time at the Serenity area, it looks like the Dream has a nice one of those! :)

Thanks again for sharing your review, it was wonderful! And so nice that you can enjoy traveling with your Mom. My Mom and I took several vacations together too, including a Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas cruise after my Dad passed away. I always take her somewhere for a 1-2 night trip locally for her birthday too, in May. She's in a nursing home now though (since October) so I think the Mother-Daughter trips are done but what wonderful memories we have of the ones we took together.

What kind of nursing do you do? I'm a psych ARNP.

In Roatan at the Visitor's Center in the picture of your mom by the Christmas tree they will stamp your passport. They also have a thing I use as a bookmark with a map of the island. I need another so It's back on another cruise!

• 2 months later...

Our favorite thing to do was all inclusive in Jamaica (we were on different itinerary than yours) It was a fabulous sunny Caribbean Day, they had an awesome DJ, great Jamaican Jerk Chicken and unlimited drinks. One guy in our group enjoyed way to much and the medics had to put him on the bus back to the ship-he could not get out of his lounger or walk and tried a new fashion trend of wearing the flipflop sideways. Silly drunk guy probably never knew he was in Jamaica and his wife was soooo embarrassed. My prayer was he did not get alcohol poisoning and he did not puke on the way back to the ship!

I'm curious about this AI trip. Which is it and in which port? Thanks for your help!! (Not that I want to be like Drunk Guy, but it sounds like you enjoyed the excursion none-the-less)!

Wow, I just finished reading this GREAT review. It sounds like you had a pretty fabulous trip. Thanks so much for the humor and details. We're on the Dream in 21 days, but with a different agenda.

I can't wait!! Thanks again for getting me twice as excited about the trip. I didn't think I could be more!

Thank you to everyone new reading this!!!!

I am working on the Conquest review now-trying something different, so it's taking a bit longer. I got a late start on it b/c I started a new job(I was a home health nurse, now I am in nurse education), and also I had to euthanize one of my cats a couple weeks ago,so I've been in a bit of a fog. But I am writing it, and am going to post the first few days hopefully either today or tomorrow.

Thanks for all of the compliments! To all of those preparing for the Dream, she is a very nice ship, and definitely take advantage of Serenity-I MISSED this area on the Conquest!!

Stacey

• 2 months later...

So sorry about your cat-I do animal rescue here in Missouri and it's always hard to do. I enjoyed the review. We will be on the Dream for Christmas, Dec. 18-26, 8 days with 4 ports-Grand Cayman, Montego Bay, Costa Maya and Cozumel. I probably wouldn't have thought to bring Christmas decorations for our cabin but I've added them to my list now!

• 2 weeks later...

chellum Thank you for your compliments here and on the Conquest thread!!!

Cindy Thank you for your condolences. Yes it was pretty hard, but it's easier knowing that hes not in pain anymore, especially when I see my Facebook "memory" posts from last year when he as first diagnosed, and me worrying about what to do...I think I made the most of his last year. I feel bad for my other cat left behind, but hesitant to get her a friend just yet.

I hope you enjoy Christmas on the Dream, she does dress up very nicely for the occasion! The door décor was a last minute thing, we walked around Walmart Supercenter in NOLA and got a bunch of stuff for pretty cheap(they also have a decent wine selection there too). Sounds like you will have some good ports too!

Thank you all again for whomever is reading this, and if you enjoyed my quirky banter here, please venture over to the NCL boards in about 4 weeks time to read my Alaska review(will also be with my mom). Otherwise, stay tuned as I am venturing solo on the Vista in the Havana Cabana's in January!!!

Stacey

chellum Thank you for your compliments here and on the Conquest thread!!!

Cindy Thank you for your condolences. Yes it was pretty hard, but it's easier knowing that hes not in pain anymore, especially when I see my Facebook "memory" posts from last year when he as first diagnosed, and me worrying about what to do...I think I made the most of his last year. I feel bad for my other cat left behind, but hesitant to get her a friend just yet.

I hope you enjoy Christmas on the Dream, she does dress up very nicely for the occasion! The door décor was a last minute thing, we walked around Walmart Supercenter in NOLA and got a bunch of stuff for pretty cheap(they also have a decent wine selection there too). Sounds like you will have some good ports too!

Thank you all again for whomever is reading this, and if you enjoyed my quirky banter here, please venture over to the NCL boards in about 4 weeks time to read my Alaska review(will also be with my mom). Otherwise, stay tuned as I am venturing solo on the Vista in the Havana Cabana's in January!!!

Stacey

You will know when it's time to get another cat. I won't even tell you how many rescue cats and dogs we have. It's ridiculous but what do you do?