Driving Down I-95 to Miami - Hotel?

hlauburn

We are leaving on the Breeze from Miami on a Sunday and plan to drive down (from North FL) Saturday. There's a big music fest going on that weekend in MIA, so I haven't been able to find anything in town. Now we're considering staying along I-95 somewhere, maybe Fort Laud or even more north and drive into Port of Miami on Sunday.

Any recommendations for a decent hotel along I-95? Or any other suggestions for a one-night stay? Clean and safe a must, close to restaurants and things to do would be a huge bonus!

Thanks!

Search along 95 near PBI -- the drive from there to POM is an easy 90+ minutes.

Don't book anything on I-95 South ofWest Palm Beach. Those areas tend to be very crime ridden and sketchy.

West Palm Beach area is fine.

Cape Canaveral / Cocoa Beach area would leave you 100 miles to Miami and gives you nice beach options

Vero Beach area about 50 miles closer and the same nice area

consider also looking a bit SOUTH of Miami proper. Down in Kendal area there are nice places near the mall there giving last minute shopping options ....

and did your 'Miami' seach look to Coconut Grove?????

Cape Canaveral / Cocoa Beach area would leave you 100 miles to Miami and gives you nice beach options

I think the CAPT mean to say about 200 miles from Cape Canaveral to Miami, not 100. ;) Figure on a 3.5 hour drive down 95