Why the negative reviews about Infinity?

gordylad

Looking at a possible panama canal cruise on the infinity and read some reviews which were mostly critical about the ships condition and some services on board.

Having only sailed reflection, equinox and eclipse can someone put our minds at rest.

Is Infinity a good ship?

Looking at a possible panama canal cruise on the infinity and read some reviews which were mostly critical about the ships condition and some services on board.

Having only sailed reflection, equinox and eclipse can someone put our minds at rest.

Is Infinity a good ship?

We sailed the Panama Canal on Infinity this past fall and it was, for the most part, awesome. Our only complaints were on a couple excursions. You can read my review here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=515290

Ignore the part about having to buy something in Cafe Al Bacio in order to get free pastries. Evidently, that was something they either tried the first day we were there and never enforced afterward, or the employee who told me that was incorrect.

Anyway, with the addition of the rooftop terrace, I think there are probably more night time activities than when we went.

One piece of advice on reading reviews. If you search for reviews via Member reviews, you can see how many reviews the reviewer has written. Most or all of those negative reviews are from first time reviewers, so take them with a grain of salt.

Edited by WEGL81

We have done four cruises on Infinity, one of our favorites. Especially loved the British Isles and Around the Horn of SA.

Here are my reviews of our cruises.

South America

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=248878

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=94024

British Isles

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=221137

Transatlantic

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=221136

WE sailed on her the first cruise after the upgrades at the end of October... Was not happy with the service standards on the ship... We called it the carnival infinity. Was on the eclipse in December and wow what a difference.

I personally won't sail her again...Not sure how many of our issues were because they just came out of drydock or due to the management on the ship.. Either way we plan to avoid her in the future.

For the poster who said most or all negative reviews are from first time cruisers. I guess I am the exception as this was our 5th cruise in 2015 (48 total).

I agree with them in that you should take reviews with a grain of salt, and if the sailing looks good try the ship and form your own opinions...

We've sailed on the infinity three times in the past two years and have had great cruises. I suspect that many of the issues were because the ship was coming out of drydock ... and generally due to change, which celebrity seems to be doing a lot of these days. We've also found that our experience on cruises has a great deal to do with the captain...not that we even meet him...but the atmosphere he (or now she) sets really permeates the ship. Friendly, outgoing captain --> Friendly, outgoing crew.

Is Infinity a good ship?

We did this trip on Infinity from San Diego to FLL in April, 2013 for our 50th Anniversary. It was our first Celebrity experience after a disastrous Alaskan cruise on another line. Our cabin was A-2 (I think) it was a balcony cabin at concierge level and was more than comfortable. Only difference I noticed between concierge balcony and non-concierge balcony cabin was fresh fruit every morning (nice) and hors d'oeuvres every afternoon (not good). The food in the MDR was excellent, although I had nothing to compare it with except our prior cruise where I got food poisoning!! The shore excursions ranged from great to pretty good, we did a glass bottom boat in Cabo; a harbor cruise in Puerta Vallarta; tree tops gondola in Costa Rica; but the BEST was through the canal for a second time on a smaller boat, which I thought would be boring (DH is an engineer and had to see it up close) but was actually fascinating and a totally different perspective. Unless things have changed drastically in the last 2 years, I would sail Infinity again without a second thought. Our next two cruises with Celebrity are in March on the Eclipse and Oct on the Summit, which I believe are Solstice class....I'll write a review when I return.