Reduced deposits

LParente

Does anybody know when the next reduced deposit sale might be? Thanks!

You know it's not a "sale", right? :)

Sad thing, I've noted a few times, is the rates have gone up when these promotions have gone on, so, I look carefully at cruises, I've been interested in. I want lower prices. :)

With as well as they are filling the ships, I could see them stopping the reduced deposit sales. That being said, there is supposed to be a "Big Sales Announcement" tomorrow. I never book with the reduced deposits since they require you to book a non-refundable deposit.

With as well as they are filling the ships, I could see them stopping the reduced deposit sales. That being said, there is supposed to be a "Big Sales Announcement" tomorrow. I never book with the reduced deposits since they require you to book a non-refundable deposit.

I think the deposit promos are one

of reason they are filling ships.

Since the deposits are all tied to early saver,its a win win for the cruise line.

I always book early saver so its allowed me to pay a lower deposit and book multiple cruises. They require a double deposit for solo cruises, so I don't have to shell out a grand or more when booking 2-3 cruises.

This is the start of "wave season" so expect to see lots of "sales" from all the lines.

Oooh! That's exciting that it has happened in January before. Fingers crossed. Today's daily deal is extra onboard credit. Not what I want right now. The deposit on the cruise I was looking at was $1,000! :eek: Fifty dollars sounds much better! LOL Yes, I do know I'd eventually pay the same total amount for the cruise itself. lol.

Edited by ShyMiss

I don't understand why people like reduced deposits, you have to pay it anyways, to me, its best to pay as much as you can upfront this way final payment is less.

Yes, you do have to pay it anyway, but not everyone can come up with such a large amount of $$$ at one time.

I have the money on hand and several thousand in Verizon gift cards to pay in full. However I prefer to pay as little as possible upfront and wait until 2 days before final payment to pay in full because I like to have as much time to make changes or to cancel if Carnival decides to make a ship and/or itinerary change.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser