Oceania Air

4Lakes Lady

Fellow cruise critics,

I have a question regarding taking the included air when booking. I booked in July for Alaska on the Regatta in May. I thought that I would not find out about flights until after final payment.

I referred friends for this same cruise. They booked with my travel agent on December 31- to get the OLife benefits. And they got an email this weekend with flight details and need to respond to accept or decline.

I'm confused 🙃

Anyone have a clue as to why these bookings are so different?

Fellow cruise critics,

I have a question regarding taking the included air when booking. I booked in July for Alaska on the Regatta in May. I thought that I would not find out about flights until after final payment.

I referred friends for this same cruise. They booked with my travel agent on December 31- to get the OLife benefits. And they got an email this weekend with flight details and need to respond to accept or decline.

I'm confused 🙃

Anyone have a clue as to why these bookings are so different?

Everyone else has hit the nail on the head, but they didn't explain the "why", so I will try. :D

One only waits until final payment to hear about Air Arrangements when taking the Oceania Air "as is". In other words, when leaving the arrangements entirely in the Cruise Lines' hands.

If your friends have opted to ask for Air travel on days other than when the ship sails or returns, or, if they are willing to pay the Deviation Fee of $175pp, in order to control which specific flights they are booked onto, then they will need flight information immediately.

The Deviation process requires that the passenger accept a specific Air routing, including ancillary fees, if any, before anything else happens.

Hope that this helped, enjoy your cruise!

Presently Oceaina is giving about $350 air credit if you decline. the inclusive air. With the addition of $175 to adjust your own schedule that comes about $ $525 for air . Currently you can get rt air NY to Seattle or Vancouver on UAL or American for about $330.00 rt

By taking the O air and deviation, you are actualy spending almost $200 more than what you could do on your own.

Do some homework and add up air fares. You can before you accept the deviation, request O to subtract the air credit from your fare.

pAYING $500 FOR A $300 TICKET is rather wasteful If doing it for 2 then your paying almost 400 more than booking your ownair.......didnt your agent tell you that this was not a good deal for you???