junkanoo beach

Boatingmom

Trip advisor is an awesome resource for this information. Just search Junkanoo Beach. Here is one comment from there site...

"Public Beach, very clean, convenient, safe & offers many friendly, courteous, no hassle, local vendors that provides their services from their legitimate, licensed, 'hut', businesses! Check out Murphy's Water Sports, Marshall's World Famous Blended, Vince's Massages & Joyce's Enterprises Clothing & Jewellery!

Every morning Murphy's Water Sports greeted my 16 yr old daughter & myself, as we parked our car on the street along Junkanoo Beach ready for our day on the beach! Murphy's readily took the chaise lounges down to the waterfront! We rented Paddle Boards, Kayaks etc & enjoyed everything!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you tell me if it is clean and safe? From the pictures on Trip Advisor it looks just OK, but I'm looking for a nice beach for myself, husband and young adult/teenager kids

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks

Jennifer

I can't give much insight to what it is really like as we have yet to visit it. But I can tell you what I have read. Some say it is kind of rocky and they had to wear water shoes. Others have said it was perfectly fine and they really enjoyed it. Found a couple of pictures online that kind of shows what it looks like. Sounds to me like it is a good place to relax and not spend a ton of money. There is a tiki hut that does the chair rentals and shots/beer & wifi for really cheap. And has good service. The website I found these pictures on were right on the front page when I just googled Junkanoo Beach. Click images tab. It was the fourth picture.

CC won't let me post the images. Sorry!

Edited by CruisinSherryW

Can you tell me if it is clean and safe? From the pictures on Trip Advisor it looks just OK, but I'm looking for a nice beach for myself, husband and young adult/teenager kids

Any input would be appreciated

Thanks

Jennifer

Look into a day pass at the Melia Hotel Cable Beach.:)

Look into a day pass at the Melia Hotel Cable Beach.:)

Thanks, we went to Cable Beach the last time we were in Nassau, we were interested in Junkanoo Beach but the pictures I've seen do not make it appealing :( I think we are going to book the Atlantis for the day let my kids use the Aquapark and we can hang out on the beach.