Who has already booked the Empress?

Booked 11 - 16 April 2016 Cozumel and Costa Maya in an Owner's Suite. Took advantage of the AWESOME C&A discount that only lasted a day or 2. Overall, the discount from sticker price was 62%. I probably would not consider this ship at full price but with that nice discount I couldn't really pass it up.

Have never sailed on this class...will have to see how we like it. We are very fond of the big ships.

This is my first cruise so no C&A discount :( I did sign up so hopefully I will start getting some benefits by the time I cruise again. I ended up at $1600 for the 4 of us, ocean view ($400 of that was taxes), $1000 for nonstop flights from Indiana (they are now up to $50 more per person per way, glad I bought when I did).

I kind of like her dark blue hull under Pullmantur. I wish that part could be kept. Only thing that concerns me is the marketing as a 'party ship'. We have a 5 nighter in April and May booked.

Edited by coaster

This is my first cruise so no C&A discount :( I did sign up so hopefully I will start getting some benefits by the time I cruise again. I ended up at $1600 for the 4 of us, ocean view ($400 of that was taxes), $1000 for nonstop flights from Indiana (they are now up to $50 more per person per way, glad I bought when I did).

I want you to have a wonderful cruise, but I want you to manage your expectations.

It is going to be VERY tight in that cabin with four people.

Just so you can be prepared. Lots of good tips on this forum, such as taking an over-the-door shoe hanger with clear pockets for all of the "stuff" that four people need. Hang it on the outside of the bathroom door. :)

crystalball_468x317.jpg

What does that crystal ball say about RCCL doing the C&A discount again?? I waited for a yes from the wife(1 day) and the discount ended. We are booked on the Independence OTS for Dec, but we agreed if the Empress OTS cruise we want drops in price to something comparable, we will call and switch......wish me luck!!

What does that crystal ball say about RCCL doing the C&A discount again?? I waited for a yes from the wife(1 day) and the discount ended. We are booked on the Independence OTS for Dec, but we agreed if the Empress OTS cruise we want drops in price to something comparable, we will call and switch......wish me luck!!

Doubt it will come back, there was a need to get those cabins booked in a short time frame.

Doubt it will come back, there was a need to get those cabins booked in a short time frame.

I agree.....but one can hope!! [emoji5] [emoji2] In all the postings on here about empress....and people saying which cruise there going on....I have seen 0 people mention the cruise I'm interested in...so I'm hoping they have to lower prices....

Sent from my Droid Turbo

I agree.....but one can hope!! [emoji5] [emoji2] In all the postings on here about empress....and people saying which cruise there going on....I have seen 0 people mention the cruise I'm interested in...so I'm hoping they have to lower prices....

Sent from my Droid Turbo

You might see big discounts if people come back from those first sailings totally disappointed. :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
*chuckles* Ive read those - I mean more concrete information for our cruising on what exactly the ship will be like. Ive read plenty of conflicting articles about what will or won't be on the ship when she comes out of refurbishment.

And more information like, when will reservations for stuff on board come available (for things like Chops or the spa). That kind of more info.

Just released booking for chops!! Thought I would let you know :) Booked it for both my B2B starting 4/7. Still all screwed up for shore excursions as well as no beverage packages yet, but hey it's a start!

I sailed the Nordic Empress a couple times on an "all girls cruise" way back when. There was always 4 women to each cabin and we made out fine, even with the small cabins. You just need to realize it will be tight to begin with. The lower beds were separated which gives you more room. I'd love to go on her again, but we do not fly and only do longer cruises. I wish they would bring her to Baltimore, but it probably isn't a cold weather ship.

Gwen [emoji3]

We are booked for April 19. This will be after a B2B2B on the Allure and a few nights in Ft. Lauderdale.

:D Do you think I will notice a difference between the Empress and the Allure,:D:eek::D

I believe Empress was once used as a lifeboat for Allure.;)

After reading your post and seeing a few of the responses, I took the liberty of doing a bit of research on the topic. (You're welcome) :p

I'm always checking things out as far as what cabins are available still etc etc for cruises I will be on. Heres what I have seen: As an example I'm booked in a JS for 4/7 and 4/11... There are roughly 60 JS rooms on empress... just guessing lol. But it's close to that. As of yesterday 1/28 there were still 50 or more of these rooms left on each of those two cruises. I found similar percentages on other room categories as well. So will the AMAZING C&A discounts come back for booking on her, is the big question??? I have no idea lol. But I do know they are going to have to do something to start selling rooms because they aren't selling very well as far as I can tell from what I looked into. So we will have to see is all I can say.