Our best offer ever. Save up to $2,150

ISABELLA

the price to add a second perk to our existing reservation did not change at all....just got off the phone making addition of the $300 OBC (which is more than the gratuities on this cruise). This was for an on-board booking made two weeks ago. We also keep the additional OBC for booking on-board.

Good deal...and a reason to keep track of your bookings, almost on a daily basis.

the price to add a second perk to our existing reservation did not change at all....just got off the phone making addition of the $300 OBC (which is more than the gratuities on this cruise). This was for an on-board booking made two weeks ago. We also keep the additional OBC for booking on-board.

Good deal...and a reason to keep track of your bookings, almost on a daily basis.

I surprised that they added a perk to your reservation, when this deal is stated that cruise must be booked between Jan 4- Jan 31, 2016. Good for you!

I surprised that they added a perk to your reservation, when this deal is stated that cruise must be booked between Jan 4- Jan 31, 2016. Good for you!

They have now done it for two cabins...just one more to go.

BTW....I haven't even seen the deal. I called a TA to transfer an on-board booking and she told me about the deal and said call celebrity and change your booking first...then transfer it to me once that's done. Did Celebrity actually make an announcement or is this a very secret deal??

Edited by ghstudio

The celebrity cruise site now shows that you can upgrade to "better" for 0 dollars.....so it is NOT for new bookings only, at least on some cruises. However, if one changes their booking, the current price would apply. In our case, the current price is the price we booked at last month.

Good for you but to me this is one of the problems with Celebrity pricing these days. You shouldn't have to monitor your cruise daily AND be on these boards daily in order to get a decent deal.

re......Good for you but to me this is one of the problems with Celebrity pricing these days. You shouldn't have to monitor your cruise daily AND be on these boards daily in order to get a decent deal.

Exactly........

This deal does not offer anything new for 2016 European itineraries, where 2 perks had already been offered. I was hoping for something different - actually a price reduction would have been nice!

This deal does not offer anything new for 2016 European itineraries, where 2 perks had already been offered. I was hoping for something different - actually a price reduction would have been nice!

it's not clear what the deal actually is...it hasn't been posted anywhere.

I found out by accidentally calling my TA this morning to move a cruise booked on-board to them. The web site said nothing and didn't indicate any offer. Later in the day, the web site changed and it now shows better at $0 upgrade (and no price for "best" BTW)...and a slight increase in price. But I wouldn't know any of that without trying to book the cruise or talking to a TA (it's not on any TA site either, AFAIK).

There may or may not be some sweetener for European or other cruises. Who knows, maybe this deal applies to TA's or others. It's a very strange way to do marketing.

I guess I'd advise everyone to check their cruise by doing a phantom booking on the Celebrity site...and see if this deal applies and if it makes sense to make any changes.

it's not clear what the deal actually is...it hasn't been posted anywhere.

I found out by accidentally calling my TA this morning to move a cruise booked on-board to them. The web site said nothing and didn't indicate any offer. Later in the day, the web site changed and it now shows better at $0 upgrade (and no price for "best" BTW)...and a slight increase in price. But I wouldn't know any of that without trying to book the cruise or talking to a TA (it's not on any TA site either, AFAIK).

There may or may not be some sweetener for European or other cruises. Who knows, maybe this deal applies to TA's or others. It's a very strange way to do marketing.

I guess I'd advise everyone to check their cruise by doing a phantom booking on the Celebrity site...and see if this deal applies and if it makes sense to make any changes.

Thanks GH, did a mach booking on our Infinity cruise and found we could add the second promo "better" added $ 300 OBC to our booking at the same rate. Called =X= and they had no problem adding the second promo to our booking. It pays to read these posts, we have a price change notification but since it was the same until reading this thread I wasn't notified.

I agree. I have been waiting for a price drop for Equinox in April. Prices are still high and the new offer is the same as before. I wonder if the European itineraries are selling that they don't need to make better offers... The only good deal in my opinion is inside cabins but I am not interested in staying i a inside stateroom. Looks like I have to wait after final payment... :(

Much as we all gripe about rising cruise prices...it is one of the few things you can buy, and then keep negotiating the price

I don't disagree. I was just lucky to catch this and as it turns out, they have now raised the price of our cabin by $50th but I got the price from this morning.

Good for you but to me this is one of the problems with Celebrity pricing these days. You shouldn't have to monitor your cruise daily AND be on these boards daily in order to get a decent deal.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Celebrity Modern Luxury!:rolleyes:

Here is another trick from Celebrity sleeve - cruise price is up but now at least 2 perks included...

got that yesterday also. Actually got 4 of them; 2 for me, & 2 for my wife. Kind of reminded me of the daily Kohl's insert in our newspaper exclaiming " Our Greatest sale ever!!!!!" It went into trash, just like Kohl's.

Edited by richsea

These ads are so blatantly misleading. The two "free perks" are anything but free. It would imply that a 7 day veranda at $1,299 is a good price, and that you are getting two free perks on top of the base. Nonsense.

And of course that is the lowest category, probably obstructed view balcony. I clicked on one with a similar opening price for a balcony and the 1A was more like $1500 pp. Absolutely ridiculous.

Thanks to all here- I don't check the boards but maybe 2 or 3 times a week- but I saw this post last night & called my TA this AM. We booked the 3/19/17 Eclipse 14 day in a 1A back in October. Got what I thought was a good rate & the free drink package. I was able to add the free grats to our cruise. The Celebrity price did go up from our original date but for an additional $100 for our cabin I was able to save around $350 for the cruise- NOT BAD! Thanks for the info. Charlie :)

Called my TA and they checked with Celebrity. Celebrity said that the perks are not available for REPO cruises. Even though you pay regular (full) fare and you need to fly two one-ways, which may cost more, Celebrity feels they don't need to offer their perks on those cruises.:mad: Oh well...maybe they will lower the price one day.:rolleyes:

I found out about this by email yesterday AM. Email was sent from Celebrity. It made my October cruise even better.

Correction: the email from yesterday said for bookings between 01.04 and 01.31 of 2016.

Edited by Sandy1975

Here we are on the Celebrity board discussing their latest and greatest offer . The comments from loyalists are nothing but dismissive . What does that say ? Two things , first that we no longer have any faith or trust in the suits in Miami (as opposed to the on board staff). Secondly these corporate types do not care what we think , as is their right . And we have the right to believe nothing they have to say . They may change or alter amenities after booking whenever they wish and they do !

Sorry for being so negative but they started it .:D

Edited by richstowe