U.S Citizens booking

Cruzinram

You can try princess but that most likely won't work. Call po au. They will take your booking. Or an Australian cruise agent. And remember the price will be in $A. $2000 is $1400US. Upgrade.

How does a U.S citizen purchase a P&O Cruise. Also I am trying to order a brochure and the web site will not accept my American postal code. Anyone know a work around.

I was able to put a booking on hold but could not select a specific cabin in my category - thus I let the hold laps.

Tried calling P&O Oz but after 20 minutes on hold I gave up - too expensive.

How does a U.S citizen purchase a P&O Cruise. Also I am trying to order a brochure and the web site will not accept my American postal code. Anyone know a work around.

Hi,

Pleased you are coming down under. Might I suggest you look at another cruise line for your trip. P&O are EXTREMELY budget and this reflects in your on board delights. I dont quite know how to phrase my opinions of P&O - if you are 20 to 30 have a couple of noisy kids, like to drink till you fall over, make a lot of noise and crude jokes - you may be happy on board.

I travelled with them ONCE - never again.

Hi,

Pleased you are coming down under. Might I suggest you look at another cruise line for your trip. P&O are EXTREMELY budget and this reflects in your on board delights. I dont quite know how to phrase my opinions of P&O - if you are 20 to 30 have a couple of noisy kids, like to drink till you fall over, make a lot of noise and crude jokes - you may be happy on board.

I travelled with them ONCE - never again.

What you say may be true and it would not be my kind of cruise.

However, they have a 14 day cruise to Papua New Guinea that nobody else is offering.

Any suggestions?

What you say may be true and it would not be my kind of cruise.

However, they have a 14 day cruise to Papua New Guinea that nobody else is offering.

Any suggestions?

Princess do a cruise to PNG. We did that in 2014.

TAKE YOUR SNORKLE GEAR - there are several stops with nothing much to do but snorkle. Volcano trip(Rabaul) is excellent. If you are a DIY please be very careful in PNG - I know some people who have wonderful experiences with locals - and some who were happy just to make it back to the ship.

Princess do a cruise to PNG. We did that in 2014.

TAKE YOUR SNORKLE GEAR - there are several stops with nothing much to do but snorkle. Volcano trip(Rabaul) is excellent. If you are a DIY please be very careful in PNG - I know some people who have wonderful experiences with locals - and some who were happy just to make it back to the ship.

Yes - thank you. I would much rather take that cruise as we are Elite on Princess, but...

The itinerary on P&O is more appealing to us and, more importantly, the timing only works for P&O.

We have a cruise booked that leaves from Sydney to Singapore early March and we will continue on to Abu Dhabi. Thus sailing with Princess on April 3rd, 2017 is sadly not an option.

I am aware of potential dangers in PNG - we were there in the highlands in 1998 - there was an attempt to attack our bus which was repelled. The village that the responsible party was from paid for it dearly. Otherwise it was a magical journey.

The cruise would visit different places and we would stick with ship's tours.

Yes - thank you. I would much rather take that cruise as we are Elite on Princess, but...

The itinerary on P&O is more appealing to us and, more importantly, the timing only works for P&O.

We have a cruise booked that leaves from Sydney to Singapore early March and we will continue on to Abu Dhabi. Thus sailing with Princess on April 3rd, 2017 is sadly not an option.

I am aware of potential dangers in PNG - we were there in the highlands in 1998 - there was an attempt to attack our bus which was repelled. The village that the responsible party was from paid for it dearly. Otherwise it was a magical journey.

The cruise would visit different places and we would stick with ship's tours.

Have a great time! Just a note - many people took Kina - hard to get harder to change back - we took AU$ in a variety of small denominations and were able to buy the things we wanted and the bits and peices for sale. You sound well travelled but warning on goods coming BACK into Aust as we have very stick quarrentine laws (due to being reasonably disease free of some things) - grasses (baskets), shells and seeds (quaint jewellery) and wooden articles. I did bring back a Booker basket (just stunning) and some wooden objects but have a very close check for those hidden little worm holes.

Also - I assume you sail either from Brisbane or Sydney - Go to one of those DOLLAR shops and stock up on some colored pencils/little note pads and other school type Items - many of the local island schools/kids will come to the islands where the ship docks/tenders and do local dancers and request items for their school - its handy to have some ready.

Our ports were - Alotau, Kitiva, Rabaul, Kiriwina and Donini. Any questions let me know.

We are also Elite on princess - I wonder if our paths have ever crossed?

Goingagin,

Thank you for all the helpful info - will definitely get some school supplies for the kids.

I remember arriving in Brisbane from POM and getting pulled aside for a VERY thorough search. Fortunately I had nothing but they seemed convinced that I must have something :D

I will only get enough Kina for my money collection. Our itinerary is similar but also includes Madang & Wewak. I would love to go to the Sepik but it is not to be this time :(

I am sure we will enjoy it - we are going for the destination more than the ship.

I'd suggest you contact a local (AU) travel agent. We can't mention them here, but a google search will find some. You can correspond by e-mail so don't have to worry about phone costs and time zone differences, and you will often get a slightly better deal, and some will likely put e.g. their office address to get through the booking address needs.

Note the trade-off with local bookings (whether direct or through a TA) is booking conditions aren't as generous as in the US so be aware of payment dates and change/cancel penalties.