Bed question on Serenade of the Seas

Hi,

We are taking our first cruise in December and I was wondering if Royal Caribbean will provide an egg crate if you feel like the mattress is too hard. I am totally willing to bring one myself---I know that probably seems silly but I take a good night's sleep seriously! :)

We'll be on Serenade of the Seas. Does anyone happen to know?

Thanks!

It seems to vary by ship recently. Some have reported that they have received them with no problem and others have posted that they were told that they are no longer available. Most likely even on the same ship you could get different answers depending on what cabin steward you had.

I would suggest e mailing special_needs@rccl.com with your request.

Note the underscore between special and needs.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Best sleep of my life on Serenade two months ago. I couldn't wait to get into bed. :D I'm serious. The bed was fantastic.

Remember that this subject, like food, entertainment, staff, etc. is completely subjective. I hope you enjoy Serenade. :)

EDITED to add: Sorry, I see I didn't answer your question. I was just hoping to give you some reassurance that we found the bed extremely comfortable. :)

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Our daughter was able to get an extra mattress on her Sofa Bed, but didn't really fit but it helped. It really wasn't a sofa bed in our JS, the bed sloped downward and very uncomfortable. Our beds seemed harder and not as comfortable as our Radiance sailing.

Edited by Desert Cruizers