Loved our "Grand Slam" cruise on the Equinox!!

kelmac

Hi Kel. You did a great job hosting the cruise critic meet and greet. Especially since everyone at our table won a prize!

Sara and I are only two S-class ships behind you in the Grand Slam.

I agree about the price increase. We did book onboard the Equinox 14-day holiday cruise for 2016 but the CC price was over $9,000. That included all four "Go Best" perks but that's still pretty expensive. Especially with a nonrefundable deposit required.

Congratulations on your Grand Slam. I'm happy to read such positive things about the Equinox....we sail on her in May.

We were hoping to do a Christmas cruise next year as an anniversary present to each other. I had hoped to book onboard for special pricing.

I may have to start researching other lines to see what's available.

Hi Kel. You did a great job hosting the cruise critic meet and greet. Especially since everyone at our table won a prize!

I agree about the price increase. We did book onboard the Equinox 14-day holiday cruise for 2016 but the CC price was over $9,000. That included all four "Go Best" perks but that's still pretty expensive. Especially with a nonrefundable deposit required.

Hi Bob,

Fun to meet everyone at the Connections Party and around the ship. Glad to hear your group scored all those "upscale" prizes!:rolleyes::)

We too, really wanted to book that cruise next year. The itinerary is excellent, but we are usually traveling 10 -- 12 weeks of the year and all the costs are really catching up with us. I think we are going to do a short cruise out of LA next Xmas and spend some time in Phoenix/Tucson before heading back home. Lauren's parents live in Tucson so we might spend three or four days there through New Years.

Get those two S-class ships!:D

Say hi to Sara,

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Congratulations on your Grand Slam. I'm happy to read such positive things about the Equinox....we sail on her in May.

We were hoping to do a Christmas cruise next year as an anniversary present to each other. I had hoped to book onboard for special pricing.

I may have to start researching other lines to see what's available.

mwc,

I'm sure you will have a wonderful cruise this May! Holiday cruises are very special, but as I pointed out, they are getting pretty expensive. As of now, we are going to do a short 8 day cruise out of LA next Xmas.

Enjoy!

mwc,

I'm sure you will have a wonderful cruise this May! Holiday cruises are very special, but as I pointed out, they are getting pretty expensive. As of now, we are going to do a short 8 day cruise out of LA next Xmas.

Enjoy!

Thank you. I'm certain we'll have a wonderful cruise...have not had a bad one yet. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Bob,

I'm ready for Celebrity's next two "Edge Class" ships to come out and then we can add those to the list! Which two S-class ships do you need?

Enjoy!

Thanks Kel for the positive review. We will be on the Equinox this coming March and will also complete the "Grand Slam". Looking forward to it.

Vicky

Hi Vicky,

Kind of a special cruise for you too!!? Lauren and I had a couple of tee shirts made up, with "Celebrity Grand Slam and the X logo" on the front; and "We sailed them all" w/a list of all the ships on the back. See if I can dig up a photo. We hosted the Connections party and wore our tee shirts. Great time!

Have a wonderful cruise on the Equinox!

IMG_1224.jpg.532e6bbc803fd219c4c8293fddf1bd63.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just a follow up post. We passed on the Equinox next Xmas, and booked an 8 day cruise on NCL's Jewel. Well, NCL cancelled all the December cruises this past month, so that left us in a lurch, as we already booked air, Hotwire hotels and rental cars.

The only thing we could do was to move over (actually down) to San Diego and board the Westerdam next December. We kept our original air, a hotel (had to eat the cost of one night in Longbeach). Back to HAL to see if they have improved over the last six years. Good prices, as they return before the Xmas holiday.

Hope to add the two new Celebrity ships from the Edge series in the next four years!

Vicky -- when is your Grand Slam cruise this month?

Enjoy!