Celebrity Internet Package Cost Comparison - Select vs. Elite

dbritt40

I signed up for the internet online before the cruise. Don't do that. It turned out purchasing your internet package on the ship is cheaper. I was able to get a refund back to our account and repurchase internet at the lower price. We paid $239 as select members for a 14 day cruise. I used it a lot as I posted a lot of photos to facebook and used messenger and e-mail to keep in touch with family.

I signed up for the internet online before the cruise. Don't do that. It turned out purchasing your internet package on the ship is cheaper. I was able to get a refund back to our account and repurchase internet at the lower price. We paid $239 as select members for a 14 day cruise. I used it a lot as I posted a lot of photos to facebook and used messenger and e-mail to keep in touch with family.

Purchasing before the cruise should be less costly.

a) You get 10% off for purchasing in advance

b) You can get an additional % off if you have that as a benefit from Captain's Club.

Can't do this on the web site. Must call Captain's Club and do it on the phone.

Purchasing before the cruise should be less costly.

a) You get 10% off for purchasing in advance

b) You can get an additional % off if you have that as a benefit from Captain's Club.

Can't do this on the web site. Must call Captain's Club and do it on the phone.

I purchased on the website. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So for clarity, call directly to Celebrity to arrange the Internet package? As much as I don't want to pay the big bucks, I don't want to spend my time at port looking for the closest Starbucks to get some WIfi. I'm leaving alot of responsibility here when I'm overseas cruising and I want home to be able to get me asap.

If my wife and I are both Elite members, do we each get 90 minutes, so we can use up one of ours and then the other can sign up to get a total of 180 minutes?

Yes, I believe so - you should each get an option for the free 90 minutes when you set up and log in to your account.