Booking Next Cruise on Board - Question

js

Hi.

Is there any advantage to booking your next cruise while onboard?

I will be sailing the Breeze the end of the month and thinking about booking a NYE cruise but will need four cabins. I am deciding between NCL and CCL and will have a decision prior to my Breeze cruise.

Thank you.

Yes

1st Promotion/Offer

• Guests who book will receive an on board credit up to $200.00* per stateroom.

• The guest will also receive two vouchers they can give to Family and Friends to take advantage of the same on board credit given to the host booking.

On Board Credit Offer

• $50.00 per stateroom on a 3/4/5 day cruise

• $75.00 per stateroom on a 6-day cruise

• $100.00 per stateroom on a 7-9 day cruise

• $200.00 per stateroom on 12 day or longer cruises

Single occupancy receive half of the on board credit

Terms and Condition for the Voucher

• The voucher will include an issuance date which will be the return date of the current cruise the host traveled on.

• The recipient will have 60 days to book on the same future ship and sail date as the host in order to receive the on board credit.

• The guest must complete the original voucher and it should be mailed to the following address via certified or registered mail at the time of booking, in accordance to the option date on the sailing.

So basically you get OBC for that sailing, plus a voucher you can give to someone else (friends/family) and they'll also get OBC if they book within 60 days. They've had better promotions, but this isn't bad all things considered!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, you have to book a specific cruise, correct? You can't just put a down payment on, say a 7 day and decide, once you are home, correct? I'd love to take advantage of that but I have to look at work schedules, calendars, payroll (since that's what I do) schedule at work, etc. I just couldn't book at a drop of a hat like that.

You can. Just make sure that you book a fare that is transferable (i.e., not ES). When you get home, you can just change the cruise that you want to take. NOTE: Make sure that you don't cancel/reschedule. You need to keep the same booking number to keep your OBC.

We did this in November. If you book under past guest you can change your ship and date without penalty. So we had them book any 7 day as far out as they could this way once we got home we could take our time and decide. Then all we had to do was call up and have them transfer our booking to the new ship and we kept the OBC.

Thank you all very much!

We will be three people on the Breeze cruise. I guess I can book one cabin and get a certificate and my mom can book a second cabin and get a certificate since we need four cabins, although we will use one credit card to book all. If that doesn't work, we will just get the extra two certificates and book the fourth one on its own with the credit.

Thank you all so much!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, you have to book a specific cruise, correct? You can't just put a down payment on, say a 7 day and decide, once you are home, correct? I'd love to take advantage of that but I have to look at work schedules, calendars, payroll (since that's what I do) schedule at work, etc. I just couldn't book at a drop of a hat like that.

OK, I'll correct you. You're wrong. :D

We always book future cruises while on cruises. We tell the Future Cruise Rep that we want the shortest, farthest our cruise available and only using Past Guest rate. (It's fully refundable until the day before final payment and we are still eligible for price drops until final payment.) When we get home, we wait for the perfect cruise to come along. We contact our PVP and have him transfer the new cruise to the booking. The amount of obc adjusts to the length of the new cruise.

When we sailed Glory back in 2013, we booked a three day cruise, past guest rate, on some ship to somewhere. I don't even remember the specifics except that it sailed in late 2015. We got the paperwork with booking number and $50 obc for that cruise. A couple of months later Legend's 13 day repositioning cruise reservations opened up. I called my PVP. He changed the booking and our obc increased to $200.

We've also canceled dummy bookings with no issues.

We have one three day dummy booking for April 2017, made in July 2015. Hopefully a nice itinerary will come and we'll change it. If not, we'll cancel.

I think it's really worth booking on a cruise for the obc.

Thank you all very much!

We will be three people on the Breeze cruise. I guess I can book one cabin and get a certificate and my mom can book a second cabin and get a certificate since we need four cabins, although we will use one credit card to book all. If that doesn't work, we will just get the extra two certificates and book the fourth one on its own with the credit.

Thank you all so much!

Each booking on board receives two Family and Friends certificates. If you and your mom each book a cruise, you'll receive a total of four F&F Certificates.

One last word of caution: if (for example) you book a Past Guest rate because you want the flexibility, make sure you're good with giving up the price protection offered by Early Saver. Depends which is more important to you: price or flexibility.

One last word of caution: if (for example) you book a Past Guest rate because you want the flexibility, make sure you're good with giving up the price protection offered by Early Saver. Depends which is more important to you: price or flexibility.

With Past Guest you can still get price drops until final payment date. You can also change to an ES fare until that time.

Thank you all very much.

For a total of 10 people the six night Breeze cruise comes in almost under $5000 less than the week Breakaway cruise but for the Breakaway we do not have to fly. My mom is paying for all of us so trying to figure out the most cost effective.

For the Breeze, we need to fly the day after Christmas (which is no big deal, we did that this year) but it is also the same day the cruise leaves, which leaves me VERY stressed for ten people flying from New York.

The Breakaway also includes the drink package for all of us so that is also a big plus but I've sailed the Breakaway twice, third time will be in August in the Haven but don't care about that but just something else to think about. I do need to think about not being able to be outside the day we board. How about the second day from New York?

I need to talk to my mom and see what she wants to do. We are sailing the Breeze end of the month, her first time on CCL so hoping she enjoys it since I do call her a princess. She usually sails in suites but we do have a spa balcony for this month. :)

Anyway, I have printed out all your comments so I have when I speak with her tonight.

Thanks.

It is always wise to do your homework and know what you want beforehand. Lineup at future cruise desk can be long and frustrating.

Thanks. If we do this I will know what cabins, date, ship, etc. I just looked at Pride too but not sure about that ship and have to see reviews. We will have adults from 40-70, 23 year old dd, ds-18 and three boys under 12. I need to see if that is a contender too.