My Time Dining

As long as you ALL have MTD, simply show up together....since you are a larger party, once onboard, you might want to pre-reserve a table for 8 You can do that when you board. With MTD, there is no need to "link" reservations....that's only for traditional seating where they assign your table.

Edited by cb at sea

As long as you ALL have MTD, simply show up together....since you are a larger party, once onboard, you might want to pre-reserve a table for 8 You can do that when you board. With MTD, there is no need to "link" reservations....that's only for traditional seating where they assign your table.

cb at sea,

I am curious whether you offer this advice based on your own experience or if it is based on your assumption about how MTD works for a large group. I've noticed you give this advise about MTD on a regular basis.

I have done MTD a number of times with a large group (ranging from groups of 8-12) and strongly advise linking reservations and making advanced reservations online. I also check-in with the MTD host/hostess to confirm our reservation on the first day of the cruise. Linking reservations is not just for traditional dining and works well for MTD especially with large groups. We have had good service and also avoided waiting in lines for a large table to become available.

Mary

Edited by marys350

We have a group in three cabins and our reservations aren't linked. We have MTD and when I was able to book dining online there was a place to add other people to my reservation. I did need their reservation numbers and once I Inputted that all the names in that cabin came up and I had the option to add all or tick off certain people.

We have a group in three cabins and our reservations aren't linked. We have MTD and when I was able to book dining online there was a place to add other people to my reservation. I did need their reservation numbers and once I Inputted that all the names in that cabin came up and I had the option to add all or tick off certain people.

That is the way we link our dining reservations with our traveling companions in other cabins, when we travel with a large group of friends.

So you would eat everyday at the same time for mytime dining? Can you change it onboard if you decide to go at a different time?

You can make reservations for the same time, every night. You can make reservations for different times every night. You can make reservations for some nights and not others. You can change, make, or cancel reservations on board. You can show up without reservations.

Edited by clarea

We were recently on the Allure, using MTD. On night 3, we ended up at a table for 10 with some really nice people, and, for the rest of the cruise, we linked our reservations with this group

In my opinion, Royal Caribbean does not do a very good job with MTD, often putting us at a table for 2. My wife and I are both sociable, and enjoy the larger groups, we always say we will share when at the Reservation desk. Princess does it much better, but, it is more personal preference

You can make reservations for the same time, every night. You can make reservations for different times every night. You can make reservations for some nights and not others. You can change, make, or cancel reservations on board. You can show up without reservations.

Thanks Bob, I think you covered it all. :) I'm a newby to Royal.