Chankanaab with SIX ships in port?

MrsWhite831

According to http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Mexico/155-Cozumel/January_2016/ there will be 6 ships in port on 1/15/16. 2 of them giants (our Getaway and RC's Allure).

We were planning on going to Chankanaab (not doing any sort of animal interaction). Now I'm afraid it's going to be a mob scene and we don't arrive until 11am. I feel like we're going to walk into huge crowds/no chairs/long lines. We have a group of 3 small kids (4,4 &7) and 7 adults (22-61) do we stick with the plan or look elsewhere?

We have been to Chankanaab with more ships in port before and I don't feel it's much of a problem. Chankanaab is a HUGE place. There will of course be more people there in the beginning, but a lot may be on tours or just there for the swims with very little time for the ocean and they tend to weed out fairly quickly. :) I honestly wouldn't worry about it with this particular place.

We have been to Chankanaab with more ships in port before and I don't feel it's much of a problem. Chankanaab is a HUGE place. There will of course be more people there in the beginning, but a lot may be on tours or just there for the swims with very little time for the ocean and they tend to weed out fairly quickly. :) I honestly wouldn't worry about it with this particular place.

...and thank YOU for your reviews of the park. When I was originally deciding where to go, I searched the forums for chankanaab and your reviews popped up. I love all of your photos and your daughter is so darn cute!

...and thank YOU for your reviews of the park. When I was originally deciding where to go, I searched the forums for chankanaab and your reviews popped up. I love all of your photos and your daughter is so darn cute!

Aw thank you and you are very welcome. Just know that (from what I've read and seen pictures of) the place has even more to see and do there now as well. So, go and have a wonderful time. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to report back in case this comes up in anyone's search some day ;)

Chankanaab was wonderful. It didn't feel crowded at all. We were actually able to find 9 chairs and 2 little palapas (sp?) together, no problems. We bought a few bucket of beer specials and the sampler platters everyone recommends. We had great massages- they were $35 for 20 mins and then BOGO- so my husband and I had a nice little couple's massage overlooking the lagoon for $35- crazy! My kids LOVED the sea lion show and the little shallow beach.

::two thumbs up::

Is there free wifi at the park? And, can you snorkel right off the

beach?

There is wifi in the entrance area and at the dolphin experience section. The snorkeling is right off the shore. It's rocky and you have to go down metal steps to get in but it was great. Someone gave my husband a little piece of bread to throw in the water and there was literally 200 fish around my son- he was amazed.

Just wanted to report back in case this comes up in anyone's search some day ;)

Chankanaab was wonderful. It didn't feel crowded at all. We were actually able to find 9 chairs and 2 little palapas (sp?) together, no problems. We bought a few bucket of beer specials and the sampler platters everyone recommends. We had great massages- they were $35 for 20 mins and then BOGO- so my husband and I had a nice little couple's massage overlooking the lagoon for $35- crazy! My kids LOVED the sea lion show and the little shallow beach.

::two thumbs up::

So glad you had a great day there and liked it. :) Thanks for reporting back with your thoughts.