Scooter Rentals

Suenelsen

Hi there. Trying desperately to get my step father to agree to a Christmas Cruise on The Breakaway [emoji120]

He has ambulatory issues and I think this might be causing some hesitation.

Do any of you have any info on the scooters and how they work for the week? How much? How many? Etc.

Any info is greatly appreciated... Thanks !

There is a link at the bottom of the NCL website home page. That link wil take you HERE!

Scooter rentals are handled through the Special Needs at Sea group. I have a scooter rented for my MIL for our cruise in 11 days. All the pricing is on the website.

Hi there. Trying desperately to get my step father to agree to a Christmas Cruise on The Breakaway [emoji120]

He has ambulatory issues and I think this might be causing some hesitation.

Do any of you have any info on the scooters and how they work for the week? How much? How many? Etc.

Any info is greatly appreciated... Thanks !

You might also want to post this question on the CC sub-forum for disabled passengers:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

There may be other handy hints there in addition to which specific vendors are required/allowed on NCL.

Good luck!

Make sure that if you do rent a scooter, you can actually fit it in the cabin. Most scooter users needs to reserve an accessible cabin. Rental scooters tend to be the bigger (wider) and won't fit through the doorway of a regular cabin - there also won't be floor space to move around (unless you're in a suite).

Make sure that if you do rent a scooter, you can actually fit it in the cabin. Most scooter users needs to reserve an accessible cabin. Rental scooters tend to be the bigger (wider) and won't fit through the doorway of a regular cabin - there also won't be floor space to move around (unless you're in a suite).

I second this as well.. there were two guests on our last cruise who had scooters and were just upset because they could not turn/drive them into their cabin... also they had to leave them parked in the hallway at times which wasn't great for the rest of us that had to walk by or wait for others to walk by because of the even more narrow hallway.