4J on Lido or Cove?

Kverlinger

I currently have a 4J booked on deck 10 on the Dream. It has a window with a walkway view. I'm most excited about the location. I've never stayed on the Lido and really want to BUT I'm thinking I might miss the balcony and always wanted to try out a cove. The cove would end up being around 300 more for a 7 day cruise (total). I would love a balcony on Lido, but thats about $700 more and not really an option. SOOO...

Would you rather have an interior in a great location or a balcony in a bad location?

I've stayed in 4J's on a couple of ships and they are my absolute favorite, especially on the Lido deck. I've only had a couple of balconies and loved them, but for the cost, I'd rather a 4J, especially on the Lido deck.

Edited by NOLALADY

We had a cove on our 2nd cruise. Then we had lido balconies on Liberty and Glory. We booked the Breeze for April and picked a cove. I liked being on the lido, but a cove is so nice we decided to go back to deck 2. We are pretty close to the main stairs/elevators so not really a problem. Just being so close to the water makes the location worth it.

Edited by kona_wahine

[...]

Would you rather have an interior in a great location or a balcony in a bad location?

Bad location? I sail in less than 3 weeks and booked a Cove 18 months ago just because because it is soooo close to the water. I am thinking 4J for my next cruise. Which 4J are you in? I have only found 4J's on deck 9 in my searchs.

On the Magic, I had an inside room 1 deck above lido. On the Breeze, I had a cove balcony. For me, this is a no-brainer. Cove all the way! Not just for the room, but I also believe that the coves are in a great location, as long as you don't get one that's under the galley. Stay forward of the midship elevators to avoid being under the galley. I don't view deck 2 as being a "bad location" at all. I have stayed on deck 2 many many times, and I love the convenience of it. I never need elevators to go to the dining rooms or any of the shows or to get off/on the ship in port or for debarkation. At those times, the people staying on lido deck are waiting for months for an overpacked elevator, while I get to the desired location within a couple minutes. To get up to or down from lido deck, I need elevators, but there's rarely much of a wait for an elevator at those times, because not everyone is going all at once. I definitely say go for the cove, just not one under the galley.

10205. I couldn't tell you what, if any, size difference there was.

We have had cabin 10205 on the Dream. To me, the cabin was HUGE compared to a regular cabin. However, there are some pros and cons to the cabin.

The biggest pro was the size of the cabin and another pro was being able to have the natural light and see outside without having to pay the extra cost for an ocean view or balcony. You walk out of your cabin door, turn left, go thru two doors and you are on the front deck. The deck goes all the way across the front of the ship. There are a couple of benches, but it was really too windy to stay there for more than a few minutes unless you were in port.

You have to make sure your curtain is closed at night due to your interior lights causing navigation issues. Also, because it is an open deck and anyone there can see inside your cabin. There were a few people that went on the deck, but not many.

Although I loved the size of the cabin and having the window and open deck, I would probably not book it again. I personally just prefer a mid-ship cabin. The Dream is a huge ship and you are literally at the very front of the ship and it was just too much distance between the cabin and the pool, buffet, comedy club, etc. It is close to the Serenity area, but the times we went there it was either too windy or overcrowded.

I did a 4J on Dream. View is great + access to that front deck was nice but VERY windy. My only complaint, think I walked more on that cruise that any other I've been on. Other thing to consider, most of the 4Js are handicapped except the 2 outside cabins. If you book it and a handicapped person requires it, you'll get moved (as it should be). We booked an outside one so this couldn't happen. We prefer the lido deck near the pool. JMHO

Never stayed in a cove balcony but have had a 4J many times. We love them! I have stayed in a balcony and would choose a 4J over a regular balcony. Only for the money saving.(more cruises) I have booked a wrap around balcony once. It was awesome. I still would choose a 4J so I can go on more cruises for the money. Oh, by the way, the Lido 4Js are the best!

Edited by lgbteacher