To Yacht Club or Not Yacht Club that is the question?

bradleyk

Cruisergal ... It may be that the drink package was offered to club members during the members only booking period.

The cabin door is 26 inches wide or thereabouts, in older properties in the UK mine was built in 1925, Bathroom doors were 27 inches wide. New houses are now either 30 or 32 inch doors.

Our Aft Aurea Suite is shown as 302 sq feet or 28 Sq metres but no balcony size.

Cruisergal ... It may be that the drink package was offered to club members during the members only booking period.

I honestly think that the drink package was offered to all - then realized why would the Yacht club really need a drink package - I was able to change my booking to get the 300.00 ship board credit for us - I think it will be more conducive for us - we can even buy some drink coupons if they will still offer then in 2018 - the coupons made it equivalent to $4.80 per drink. Great value.

I think I will see if we can get the OBC instead. We don't drink that much when away or outside the YC. They offered the drink package to those early bookers.

Weird, I just went and did some dummy bookings and the drink package came up for anything both fantastica and bella even for an inside. This was for the March 10 cruise and I didn't put in my voyager number.

The Wellness experience cabins are now available on the UK site including Wellness powered by Technogym! whatever that is. No drink packages as extras in the others though apart from Aurea and YC.

Weird, I just went and did some dummy bookings and the drink package came up for anything both fantastica and bella even for an inside. This was for the March 10 cruise and I didn't put in my voyager number.

I think the special goes until the end of January. All get the drink package - yacht club now, ship board credit.

...my husband is a flooring contractor & said our YC2 on the Divina was over 600 sq. ft.

It was like having a small apartment.

Youtube msc yacht club

Some people say they do not spend much time in the room but I LOVED it.

There is no other cruiseline where you can get a cabin like that for anywhere near the price on MSC

...my husband is a flooring contractor & said our YC2 on the Divina was over 600 sq. ft.

It was like having a small apartment.

Youtube msc yacht club

Some people say they do not spend much time in the room but I LOVED it.

There is no other cruiseline where you can get a cabin like that for anywhere near the price on MSC

Your hubby certainly knows his stuff, he was very close, as the 2 larger ones are 570 sq ft, the smaller one is 495 sq ft

Edited by Skier52

The Wellness experience cabins are now available on the UK site including Wellness powered by Technogym! whatever that is. No drink packages as extras in the others though apart from Aurea and YC.

Technogym is a brand of fitness equipment.

I honestly think that the drink package was offered to all - then realized why would the Yacht club really need a drink package - I was able to change my booking to get the 300.00 ship board credit for us - I think it will be more conducive for us - we can even buy some drink coupons if they will still offer then in 2018 - the coupons made it equivalent to $4.80 per drink. Great value.

Did they have to cancel and rebook your cruise to switch to the OBC? I'd prefer the OBC but don't want to risk losing our royal suite.

I see that a Wellness suite is the same price as a YIN (£2199 for 14 nights) and a YC1 balcony is £3229, a whopping £1030 more. I'm not sure the YC would get my custom at those prices. (It does include xmas and new year) the uplift is equal to £37pppn for a balcony

cruise only starting 23 Dec 2017

YIN = YC inside

Edited by Skier52

Depends. How much drinking do you think you will do outside the YC? $150pp will by a lot of drinks. Personally I think I will be spending most of my time in the YC so most of my drinking will be done there. Because of that I'm very happy with the obc.
Sounds like my plan. Bob

I think we will stay with the 2 room Fantastica suite for now. Our last cruise on in October, on the NCL Getaway, was our first with a balcony. My wife loved it. Though would it be worth an extra $600 to go from the Fantastica suite to an Aurea Suite?

What is the difference? Is there a private pool area?

Is it a Fantastica or Aurea Suite? if it's an Aurea suite on deck 9 at the rear of the ship they look like they have fabulous balconies so I'd stay put.

I certainly wouldn't go to a YC interior, but would consider a YC deluxe suite if the difference was not too much, for the balcony, which will be smaller than the 2 room suite's balcony.

the other point would be do you want a bath tub, if so it has to be the 2 room suite and not the YC. Only the royal suites have bath tubs in the YC.(on Seaside)

We currently have a fantasica suite

bradleyk ... Aurea cabins and Suites also have access to the spa along with some other perks such as the Allegrissimo drink package included and a separate sun deck and Spa products.

What ships have the aurea sun deck? I was hoping to search you tub

Can the SBC be used for gratuities on MSC and are they applied automatically?

Very excited first MSC cruise will be Mar 2017 on Davina in YC2 and the Seaside May 2018 in a Royal Suite, so have lots of time to read all the helpful information from CC members

Very excited first MSC cruise will be Mar 2017 on Davina in YC2 and the Seaside May 2018 in a Royal Suite, so have lots of time to read all the helpful information from CC members

We're also trying MSC next year for the first time on the Divina (1/6/17) and then Seaside for the May 26, 2018 sailing :). Which Seaside sailing will you be on?

I think we will stay with the 2 room Fantastica suite for now. Our last cruise on in October, on the NCL Getaway, was our first with a balcony. My wife loved it. Though would it be worth an extra $600 to go from the Fantastica suite to an Aurea Suite?

What is the difference? Is there a private pool area?

The major difference, in theory, is the Aurea has an unlimited drinks package included, but as you have that with the Fantastica there is nothing to be gained.

The other differences are:-

Dedicated dining room area with my time dining.

Access to a dedicated sundeck, no pool, may be shared with adult guests who pay extra .

one complimentary massage

Priority boarding and luggage delivery to your cabin.

Not worth £600 IMHO for a smaller cabin, unless you really want a dedicated area for dining and true my time dining.

I'm not sure how the my time dining in the MDR works for Fantastica guests but it is supposed to be a possible option

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Can the SBC be used for gratuities Yes, if you don't prepay the gratuities

on MSC and are they applied automatically? Mine were, but I'm saying that as a UK guest who booked direct with MSC , No TA involved

Pete

Can the SBC be used for gratuities on MSC and are they applied automatically?

Yes you can use them for that.

Sounds like my plan. Bob

Sounds like we are on the same page. I think you booked a week ahead of me.

Now to wait and see what the actual size of the YC inside is, and if it's upgraded in decor at all. I think it will probably be a bit nicer than the average inside.

Sounds like we are on the same page. I think you booked a week ahead of me.

Now to wait and see what the actual size of the YC inside is, and if it's upgraded in decor at all. I think it will probably be a bit nicer than the average inside.

I did book for the 13th so I can check things out for you. I hope that Ocean Cay will be ready for us, but I doubt it. Things don't move too fast in that part of the world. I love the fact that they are planning a dock so that tendering is not necessary. There will also be a private area on Ocean Cay for Yacht Club guests so that may be another plus. Bob