Is the Haven really worth it?

dsarge390

In conclusion it seems that unless you use the services of the Butler and Concierge the extra thousands of dollars do not seem a prudent investment.

I do have to say that The Haven experience is great and if I could afford to do it all the time I would but for more than double the cost of a mini-suite it doesn't see cost effective.

(my comments are not tied to he Haven on newer ships)

I might take a bit of difference to that. We barely use the butler/concierge if in Haven or even other suites. We totally love the 2BR suite in the haven or not. Yea, lots of money. But we love the extra rooms with doors, especially since we seem to have different sleep schedules. We love breakfast and lunch at Cagneys on the older ships.

On those ships,the Haven only a bit of exclusivity, the lounge area...and that is about it. So, not worth much more than a non-haven 2BR. We are booked in 2BR on Jade for next cruise. If we can grab the same 2BR, but in the Haven for a few hundred, we will grab it. Main reason? The lounge just outside the cabin. Sister in law will be with us this cruise and I can see it getting some use. But, only for a few hundred on the upgrade program, not the $1000+ to get it today.

We have "Bid" for The Haven once successfully and paid "full out" once. There is nothing like the Haven, no crowds, no drunks, the food in the Haven is hard to beat, the servers know you by first name quickly and know your likes and dislikes even faster. Ask for almost anything and they can produce it. The last time we were on the Escape and in the Haven, we didn't get off the boat at all. We just enjoyed the Haven lounge chairs and outside Hot tub to ourselves, in the evening the indoor hot tubs and colorful waterfall were so relaxing. The Bartenders knew us well, quickly, and were responsive, even when it meant that we only needed cold waters while laying in the sun. We LOVE The Haven and will continue to either save up enough to just guarantee us a cabin or Bid, Bid, Bid!

I would disagree with the no drunks one. DW and I paid full out for an OS on Breakaway. We had a gentleman who was inebriated every night in the lounge, being loud and obnoxious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Asking if the haven is worth it is like asking if flying first class is worth it, most people say no but the ones that can afford it wouldn't consider anything else.

My wife only turns left when getting on a plane

We only stay in high end suits do we think it's value for money yes

Do we think we're fortunate to be able to do so yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asking if the haven is worth it is like asking if flying first class is worth it, most people say no but the ones that can afford it wouldn't consider anything else.

My wife only turns left when getting on a plane

We only stay in high end suits do we think it's value for money yes

Do we think we're fortunate to be able to do so yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your wife must either be a pilot, or she must not fly on narrowbody aircraft very frequently [emoji23]. I've never been in an A320 where the cabin is accessed off to the left.

I didn't know any of the older ships(older than the Epic) had lounges in the Haven? Which ship? Is this something they have done, or are doing, during the refurbishment? They don't show on their website yet.

(my comments are not tied to he Haven on newer ships)

I might take a bit of difference to that. We barely use the butler/concierge if in Haven or even other suites. We totally love the 2BR suite in the haven or not. Yea, lots of money. But we love the extra rooms with doors, especially since we seem to have different sleep schedules. We love breakfast and lunch at Cagneys on the older ships.

On those ships,the Haven only a bit of exclusivity, the lounge area...and that is about it. So, not worth much more than a non-haven 2BR. We are booked in 2BR on Jade for next cruise. If we can grab the same 2BR, but in the Haven for a few hundred, we will grab it. Main reason? The lounge just outside the cabin. Sister in law will be with us this cruise and I can see it getting some use. But, only for a few hundred on the upgrade program, not the $1000+ to get it today.

:)

Your wife must either be a pilot, or she must not fly on narrowbody aircraft very frequently [emoji23]. I've never been in an A320 where the cabin is accessed off to the left.

You access Business and First class on British Airways by turning left. (Or you can access a few seats in Business by walking directly ahead and going to the upper level). Yes, they have two floors on some models!! It's quite an experience! It's what I usually fly when traveling abroad.:D

Edited by roddy good boy

:)

You access Business and First class on British Airways by turning left. (Or you can access a few seats in Business by walking directly ahead and going to the upper level). Yes, they have two floors on some models!! It's quite an experience! It's what I usually fly when traveling abroad.:D

AKA not a narrowbody aircraft ;). I know that you access biz class or first class on a wide body by turning left. When DW and I fly internationally, we are usually in the front cabin.