Disembarkation tours of Miami

djo53

Hi All

We are sailing on Eclipse out of Miami in March. On return we have a 17.15 flight back to the UK from MIA for which we will need to be at the airport by about 13.00. We will most probably be off the ship by 09.00 so we will have 4 to 5 spare hours and we are looking for advice on how best to spend it. We are distinctly unimpressed with the disembarkation excursions offered by Celebrity which offer the choice of an airboat ride on the Everglades or a hop on, hop off bus tour of Miami. A bus or taxi tour of Miami would be nice but the Celebrity offer gets bad reviews and its risky because there are many uncontrollable variables that could cause our late arrival at MIA. Does any one have any advice please on the best way to get a taste of Miami culminating with an airport drop off?

Hi All

We are sailing on Eclipse out of Miami in March. On return we have a 17.15 flight back to the UK from MIA for which we will need to be at the airport by about 13.00. We will most probably be off the ship by 09.00 so we will have 4 to 5 spare hours and we are looking for advice on how best to spend it. We are distinctly unimpressed with the disembarkation excursions offered by Celebrity which offer the choice of an airboat ride on the Everglades or a hop on, hop off bus tour of Miami. A bus or taxi tour of Miami would be nice but the Celebrity offer gets bad reviews and its risky because there are many uncontrollable variables that could cause our late arrival at MIA. Does any one have any advice please on the best way to get a taste of Miami culminating with an airport drop off?

One of the most fun things to do is people watch in South Beach.

My suggestion would be to go somewhere for brunch like News Cafe and just spend several hours people watching on Ocean Drive. You can bring your luggage and you sit outside and watch the parade go by.

You aren't going to have as much time as you think you do.

Nikki Beach is also a fantastic place for brunch and it is on the ocean.

One of my favorites is Havana 1957 on Espanola Way. Really cool, outdoor dining with fantastic Cuban food.

The Hop On Hop Off tour in Miami was FABULOUS! I've been to Miami countless times to visit family or to cruise but I never got the chance to really "see" Miami. I did the South Beach tour and had a delicious lunch at Bubba Gump's. There was a comfortable bus that took me to FLL to catch my 5pm flight. There is also a shuttle that will take you to MIA. I am thinking about going back to Miami for the weekend just to take the tour again. It was that enjoyable.

Edited by Cakediva1