Nachi Cocom ?

cruise4sun&fun

Hi all.

Just have a couple ?'s about Nachi Cocom.

- Massages any good?

- Frozen drinks included?

- Is food/snacks available at anytime of day or only at specific "lunch" time?

- Should we bring water shoes or is the beach "soft sand"?

Thanks for any thoughts! :)

Never had a massage there but people we sat next to did and loved it. I don't know of any drinks that aren't included. They can fix you almost anything. They aren't early morning people (could be said for most of the Caribbean) so I wouldn't count on beginning to order food until 10:30 or 11. Your included meal is a multiple course meal however you can string out the courses as long as you want and i've never seen anyone turned down ordering anything. The exposed beach is soft but the ocean is a little rocky. I would bring water shoes for getting in the water. 3 Times to Cozumel and 3 times we spent the day there... #4 is next month!

Hi all.

Just have a couple ?'s about Nachi Cocom.

- Massages any good? Never had one - sorry

- Frozen drinks included? Yes - all you want! :D

- Is food/snacks available at anytime of day or only at specific "lunch" time? Order from your waiter - I've had Nachos and a Margarita shortly after 10:00 (sort of a late breakfast) ;)

- Should we bring water shoes or is the beach "soft sand"? I've never found a reason to bring them. Some have complained that the sand is "too soft"? :confused:

Thanks for any thoughts! :)

Have a great time!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't speak about the massages there as I have not had one, but they make mean, awesome drinks of any kind. I started with margaritas then asked about frozen drinks....they made me a mean mudslide (or 3 or 4! lol) that put me right into beach relaxation mode. We had a great time there. The food they will bring out whenever you are ready, but it's considered "lunch". You can order appetizers, entrees, and dessert from the menu and either have it at your beach spot or up in the restaurant area. I believe it's a one time meal, not eat all day type of thing. We found a nice spot with loungers under a Palpaya but they had hammocks, too, and a nice pool. It was very relaxing.

You can order food all day...you are each entitled 4 courses, and you can get them all at once or in stages.

Gonna have to try those frozen drinks next time--I think we stuck to Sol last time! (no more beer for me...:()

The hard part with food is that I have a gluten sensitivity...2 years ago I ordered nachos assuming incorrectly they would be corn tortillas. There are items I can order & I will ask about corn tortillas next time. (luckily as long as I avoid food that is predominantly wheat I seem to have few issues)

Thanks for all the replies prior to our cruise.

We have just returned (:mad:) but will post what I found at Nachi Cocom.

- Friendly service

- Relaxing atmosphere

- Nice quiet beach

- Cold drinks though the mixers seemed watered down...went to Coronas.

- Food we sorta just ordered what we wanted, when we wanted. I think we ended up actually ordering 1 appetizer and 3 main meal items for the 2 of us, but they didn't care... no desert = stuffed.

- Did not get a message, but booked a snorkel trip w/them. Was good, saw tons of fish but deeper water than we are used to snorkeling (~20' or so).

- Pool w/swim up bar was nice and the hot tub was even nicer :D.

We will definitely visit Nachi Cocom again! :)

Thanks for coming back and reporting.

Did you see parasailing or jet skiing close by you could have done?

How was the food?

we are heading there in March.

spring brake cruise.

Choose Nachi hoping for a few hours to relax

You can order food all day...you are each entitled 4 courses, and you can get them all at once or in stages.

Gonna have to try those frozen drinks next time--I think we stuck to Sol last time! (no more beer for me...:()

The hard part with food is that I have a gluten sensitivity...2 years ago I ordered nachos assuming incorrectly they would be corn tortillas. There are items I can order & I will ask about corn tortillas next time. (luckily as long as I avoid food that is predominantly wheat I seem to have few issues)

My wife is allergic to gluten and we've had good luck at Nachi with their food. I'm almost positive the nachos are made with corn tortillas. I'm not sure if everything is going in the same fryer or not. We will be back in 4 weeks!

Bases5,

Jet skiing was available, not sure about parasailing but we did see some nearby so maybe you could arrange it from Nachi Cocom.

Food was very good, especially the enchiladas. Careful with the salsa that comes with the nachos, only came one way and it is a bit on the spicy side...not overwhelming, but have a cold Corona or something handy! :D

Have a great time!

If the worst thing they could find to complain about was that the sand was so soft it was hard to walk in, I would take that as a positive. :D

We are taking some elderly people and was hoping they would get stuck:eek:

If it was really that hard for them to walk in we might reconsider this trip

Been to Nachi several times - the sand is soft and there is a drop off equal to an average step (6-9 inches) in some parts of the beach area. Should not be a problem for most, or walk down to an area closer to the pier where the step is not so much.